News, Culture & Society

Personal trainer Rachel Dillon reveals exactly what she eats in a day to GAIN muscle

Personal trainer reveals what she eats in a day to gain muscle and sculpt a toned physique – and you might be surprised

  • Fitness expert Rachel Dillon has shared what eats in a day to gain muscle 
  • She eats 2500 calories – including 111g protein, 69g fat and 359 calories
  • Rachel typically eats three meals, a morning snack and afternoon dessert
  • The personal trainer listed the meals in an Instagram video 


A personal trainer has revealed what she eats in a typical day to gain muscle and maintain a toned physique.

Rachel Dillon, from Queensland, Australia, fills her ‘day on a plate’ with fresh, healthy meals and consumes 2500 calories daily. 

To ensure she gradually builds muscle, Rachel eats more calories than her body burns every day, but she admitted a calorie surplus can be difficult to stick to. 

‘Honestly with my busy schedule I personally find a calorie surplus can be quite hard to adhere to, so preparation is KEY!!!’ she wrote on Instagram and shared a video with her 1.2million followers.

To hit her daily targets, she eats three meals, a healthy morning snack and an afternoon dessert she eats before dinner.

Personal trainer Rachel Dillon, from Queensland, Australia (pictured) fills her ‘day on a plate’ with fresh, healthy meals and consumes 2500 calories daily

She starts the day with a 9am oat milk latte, followed by a 'bagel board' spread at 10am she fills with fresh mango, passionfruit, strawberries, blueberries and cherry tomatoes

Lunch is often at 2pm in the afternoon and on this occasion Rachel made poached chicken with curry sauce, rice and a side of greens

At 10am she enjoys a ‘bagel board’ spread with fresh mango, passionfruit, strawberries, blueberries and cherry tomatoes (left). Lunch is often at 2pm in the afternoon and on this occasion Rachel made poached chicken with curry sauce, rice and a side of greens (right)

Rachael ensures she to hit her targets of 111g protein, 69g fat and 359 calories every day.

She starts the day with a 9am oat milk latte with two sweeteners, followed by a ‘bagel board’ spread at 10am she fills with fresh mango, passionfruit, strawberries, blueberries and cherry tomatoes.

By 11:30am she enjoys dried mango sliced for a quick on-the-go snack. 

Lunch is often at 2pm in the afternoon and on this occasion Rachel made poached chicken with curry sauce, rice and a side of greens. 

Rather than eating dessert after dinner, Rachel enjoys waffles and chocolate ice crema topped with ice cream at 4:30pm. 

‘Yes I always eat dessert before dinner,’ she wrote.

By 6:30pm she sits down to have a bowl of crispy salmon with pasta and and a leafy green salad.

Rather than eating dessert after dinner, Rachel enjoys waffles and chocolate ice crema topped with ice cream at 4:30pm

By 6:30pm she sits down to have a bowl of crispy salmon with pasta and and a leafy green salad

Rather than eating dessert after dinner, Rachel enjoys waffles and chocolate ice crema topped with ice cream at 4:30pm (left). By 6:30pm she sits down to have a bowl of crispy salmon with pasta and and a leafy green salad (right) 

'I always recommend that my clients increase their calories incrementally so that they tone up - you just need to know what sort of calories to eat,' she told Daily Mail Australia

‘I always recommend that my clients increase their calories incrementally so that they tone up – you just need to know what sort of calories to eat,’ she told Daily Mail Australia

Rachel previously told FEMAIL that women need to eat more if they want to slim down.

‘I always recommend that my clients increase their calories incrementally so that they tone up – you just need to know what sort of calories to eat,’ she told Daily Mail Australia.

For the PT, this means working out how much protein, fat and carbs you should be eating for your body, and how much you can eat of what you love.

‘I try to live by the 80/20 rule, where I eat healthily 80 per cent of the time and treat myself the remaining 20 per cent,’ she said.

‘I also tend to eat high protein and high fat in the evenings, and carbs around my training and workouts.’

What is a typical week of workouts for Rachel?

* MONDAY: Full body circuit

* TUESDAY: Lower body weighted

* WEDNESDAY: Upper body weighted

* THURSDAY: Glutes weighted

* FRIDAY: Full body circuit

* SATURDAY: LISS cardio and core

* SUNDAY: Rest and recovery



***
Read more at DailyMail.co.uk