News, Culture & Society

Peter Kay breaks his silence months after cancelling tour

Comedian Peter Kay has broken his silence for the first time since he cancelled his nationwide tour three months ago.

The 44-year-old was forced to axe his first live tour in eight years in December, due to ‘unforeseen family circumstances’. 

Now a post on the star’s Twitter feed has announced a charity screening of new Car Share episodes in April. 

Comedian Peter Kay has broken his silence for the first time since he cancelled his nationwide tour three months ago. He announced a charity screening of new Car Share episodes

It said: ‘Exciting news: A charity screening of new Peter Kay’s Car Share episodes will be held at Blackpool Opera House on Saturday 7th April. Tickets on sale Saturday at 9am.’

The second series of the BBC show ended on an emotional cliffhanger last year as John (Kay) failed to reciprocate the advances of his car share colleague Kayleigh (Sian Gibson).

And fans of the programme were dismayed when Kay announced that he had no plans to pen a further series.

But the comic later announced special episodes – a special finale to reveal what happens next for the pair and an entirely improvised episode, Car Share: Unscripted.

Both hotly-anticipated shows, Unscripted and the finale, were filmed last year.

Kay apologised to fans in December for cancelling every date of his hotly-anticipated stand-up comedy tour due to ‘unforeseen family circumstances’.

The surprise announcement shocked the 1.7million people across Britain and Ireland who managed to get hold of tickets to see the comedian.

The 44-year-old was forced to axe his first live tour in eight years in December, due to 'unforeseen family circumstances'

The 44-year-old was forced to axe his first live tour in eight years in December, due to ‘unforeseen family circumstances’

The father-of-two was expected to earn up to £40million from hosting 109 nights from next April until March 2019 at cities including Glasgow, Birmingham, Manchester, London and Dublin. 

Kay said: ‘Due to unforeseen family circumstances, I deeply regret that I am having to cancel all of my upcoming work projects. This unfortunately includes my upcoming stand-up tour, Dance for Life shows and any outstanding live work commitments.

‘My sincerest apologies. This decision has not been taken lightly and I’m sure you’ll understand my family must always come first.’

Kay was said to have earned £20million in record ticket sales and DVD revenues from his last tour eight years ago, when tickets averaged around £35 a head.



Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.