News, Culture & Society

Possible grave site for the Beaumont children discovered

A possible grave site for the three missing Beaumont children, who disappeared almost 52 years ago has been uncovered.

Jane nine, Arnna, seven, and Grant, four, Beaumont disappeared from Glenelg Beach, Adelaide, on Australia Day 1966, never to be seen again despite a major manhunt and one of the nation’s biggest ever police investigations. 

Over half a century later, Seven News claims a renewed interest in the case has uncovered a site where the children may have been buried.

Allan ‘Max’ McIntyre, 89, a suspect who was investigated over the kids’ disappearance at the time, was found dead in a Yorke Peninsula nursing home, west of Adelaide, last year.   

Jane (right), nine, Arnna (left), seven and Grant (centre), four, disappeared from Adelaide”s Glenelg Beach on Australia Day, 1966 never to be seen again 

Over half a century later, Seven News claims a renewed interest in the case has uncovered a site where the children may have been buried

Over half a century later, Seven News claims a renewed interest in the case has uncovered a site where the children may have been buried

McIntyre claimed his innocence until his death in June, but his son Andrew told Seven News he believes the man is guilty and the children are buried on his property.  

‘I know a lot about the Beaumont killings,’ McIntyre is heard saying on a clip filmed from a low angle, which often shows only the roof.

‘At the moment I’m researching the death of the Beaumont’s because the only person that’s going to clear my name is me,’ he said. 

Andrew told Seven News he does not believe his father’s denial, and claims his friend Anthony Munroe, who has been convicted of molesting him when he was eight, was also involved. 

‘My father was involved in the abduction and murder of the Beaumont children,’ he said. 

‘Anthony Munroe was involved, with others.’ 

Allan 'Max' McIntyre (pictured), 89, a suspect who was investigated over the kids' disappearance at the time, was found dead in a Yorke Peninsula nursing home, west of Adelaide, last year 

Allan ‘Max’ McIntyre (pictured), 89, a suspect who was investigated over the kids’ disappearance at the time, was found dead in a Yorke Peninsula nursing home, west of Adelaide, last year 

McIntyre's son Andrew says he believes his father was involved in the abduction and death of the children

McIntyre’s son Andrew says he believes his father was involved in the abduction and death of the children

Andrew also claims the bodies of the children are buried in a now filled-in sinkhole on his father's property on the Yorke Peninsula (pictured)

Andrew also claims the bodies of the children are buried in a now filled-in sinkhole on his father’s property on the Yorke Peninsula (pictured)

Andrew also claims the bodies of the children are buried in a now filled-in sinkhole on his father’s property on the Yorke Peninsula.

‘My father liked to have his victims close handy,’ he said.      

On the day the siblings vanished, McIntyre was ‘seen with blood on his shirt’. 

Earlier this month, the rediscovered childhood diary of McIntyre’s son Andrew was touted as the possible missing link to finally solving Australia’s biggest kidnapping mystery.

Andrew McIntyre often went diving with his father and Anthony Alan Munro, a family friend and convicted paedophile, at Glenelg Beach. 

Allan 'Max' McIntyre (pictured), who was investigated over the disappearance of the Beaumont children but denied involvement, died on Tuesday in a South Australia nursing home

Allan ‘Max’ McIntyre (pictured), who was investigated over the disappearance of the Beaumont children but denied involvement, died on Tuesday in a South Australia nursing home

Throughout his adventures along the coast, Andrew McIntyre, now 63, and another child kept a diary of events. They called it the ‘salvage and exploration club’.

Munro, a former scout leader, will face court in August to be sentenced over child sexual offences against boys dating back to 1965 – including Andrew McIntyre. 

Witnesses told police the Beaumont children were playing with a tall, blond man aged within his 30s on the day of their disappearance – a description that matches Munro’s appearance at the time.

However, Munro has always denied any involvement and no charges have ever been laid.  

The diary of Andrew McIntyre links convicted paedophile Anthony Munro (pictured) to being at Glenelg Beach, Adelaide, where the three siblings were last seen, at the time they vanished

The diary of Andrew McIntyre links convicted paedophile Anthony Munro (pictured) to being at Glenelg Beach, Adelaide, where the three siblings were last seen, at the time they vanished

Despite a major manhunt and one of the nation's biggest ever police investigations, the three Beaumont siblings have never been found 

Despite a major manhunt and one of the nation’s biggest ever police investigations, the three Beaumont siblings have never been found 

Andrew McIntyre (left) often went diving with his father Allan 'Max' McIntyre (centre) and also Munro along the South Australian coastline (Also pictured is Andrew's sisters Ruth and Clare)

Andrew McIntyre (left) often went diving with his father Allan ‘Max’ McIntyre (centre) and also Munro along the South Australian coastline (Also pictured is Andrew’s sisters Ruth and Clare)

Anthony Alan Munro

Allan 'Max' McIntyre

Anthony Alan Munro (at left) and Allan ‘Max’ McIntyre (at right), who Andrew McIntyre has claimed were both involved in the Beaumont kidnappings, which both denied 

When providing information to police about the disappearance of the Beaumont’s, Andrew said he believed his father and Munro were involved.

Munro returned to Australia last year and was questioned over the disappearance of the three Beaumont siblings but police found no evidence that he was responsible and his lawyer similarly denied it.

According to the diary, the day the Beaumont children vanished Andrew McIntyre was meant to go diving with his father and Munro, but was later told to stay home.

When the pair arrived home both reportedly looked downcast, with Andrew claiming his father had his head in his hands and said: ‘s**t, s**t, s**t’.

He also claims that when they returned home, sand and blood was in Munro’s car. 

Andrew’s sister Ruth Collins has backed his claims, having previously said Munro and her father had a role in the mystery kidnapping.

She claimed that when Munro and ‘Max’ McIntyre returned from the beach, her father’s shirt was covered in blood and the three body’s were in Munro’s boot.

Yet Despite Andrew and Ruth’s claims, police have never found any evidence implicating Munro or ‘Max’ McIntyre.

Andrew McIntyre (right) and his sister Ruth Collins (left) both believe their father and Munro were involved in the disappearance of the Beaumont children, yet police have never found any evidence implicating Munro or ‘Max’ McIntyre

Andrew McIntyre (right) and his sister Ruth Collins (left) both believe their father and Munro were involved in the disappearance of the Beaumont children, yet police have never found any evidence implicating Munro or ‘Max’ McIntyre



Read more at DailyMail.co.uk



Find local lawyers and law firms at USAttorneys.com