News, Culture & Society

Prince Albert of Monaco makes ANOTHER appearance without Charlene

Prince Albert of Monaco made another solo appearance tonight as he headed to the Sportel Awards Ceremony in Monte Carlo while his wife Princess Charlene stayed in South Africa.

The royal, 63, sported a blue and black patterned tie as he was joined by his nephew Louis Ducuret.

His Serene HIghness is the Honorary President of the awards which are held every year in Monaco. 

Louis, 28, is the son of Albert’s sister Princess Stéphanie and her former bodyguard Daniel Ducruet.

Prince Albert was seen without his wife again, who is currently in her native South Africa recovering from an ear, nose and throat infection.

Prince Albert of Monaco made another solo appearance tonight as he headed to the Sportel Awards Ceremony in Monte Carlo while his wife Princess Charlene stayed in South Africa

The royal, 63, sported a blue and black patterned tie as he was joined by his nephew Louis Ducuret

The royal, 63, sported a blue and black patterned tie as he was joined by his nephew Louis Ducuret

Princess Charlene, 43, has not been seen in Monaco since January.

The mother-of-two missed her 10 year wedding anniversary and is expected to return to the principality later this month.

She underwent  a ‘four-hour operation under general anaesthesia’ in August – although it was not made clear whether this was linked to the sinus infection.

Charlene and Albert reunited shortly after for the first time in months after the monarch and their children flew to South Africa, but photographs of the pair embracing were branded ‘awkward’ by a body language expert,

In his first interview since returning from visiting his wife in South Africa, Albert told People magazine of Charlene: ‘She’s ready to come home.’

Despite Charlene being admitted to hospital after a ‘sudden collapse’ rumours are rife that a rift with Prince Albert, rather than health issues, is what’s keeping her away from Monaco.

Last week, Prince Albert was joined on the red carpet by actress Sharon Stone, 63, for a first look at the eagerly anticipated James Bond release – Daniel Craig’s fifth and final outing as the iconic secret agent.

Princess Charlene (pictured), 43, has shared a photograph of herself smiling in front of what appears to be a bible in her first snap since being discharged from hospital following her health scare in South Africa one month ago

Princess Charlene (pictured), 43, has shared a photograph of herself smiling in front of what appears to be a bible in her first snap since being discharged from hospital following her health scare in South Africa one month ago

It was their second joint appearance in less than a week, with both having previously attended the 2021 Monte Carlo Gala for Planetary Health on September 23. Charlene was noticeably absent from the event.

It comes just weeks after Prince Albert hit back at rumours of a rift in his marriage – insisting Charlene ‘didn’t leave in a huff’ and remains in South Africa only because of ‘medical complications’ following a ‘severe ear, nose and throat infection’.

The royal told People that the speculation over the state of his relationship with the Olympic swimmer has ‘affected’ them both, but that he didn’t address it early because he ‘was concentrating on taking care of the kids’ 

Yesterday, she  shared a photograph of herself smiling in front of a bible in her first snap since being discharged from hospital following her health scare.

On Friday 29th September, Prince Albert (pictured right, with Sharon Stone), 63, attended a charity screening of the new James Bond film at the Monte Carlo Opera, in his latest in a string of public appearances without his wife

On Friday 29th September, Prince Albert (pictured right, with Sharon Stone), 63, attended a charity screening of the new James Bond film at the Monte Carlo Opera, in his latest in a string of public appearances without his wife

Charlene, who was last seen in Monaco in January, shared professional photographs of a reunion with her family on Instagram last month (pictured

Charlene, who was last seen in Monaco in January, shared professional photographs of a reunion with her family on Instagram last month (pictured

How Charlene and Albert made solo outings in South Africa and Monaco during nine months apart 

January 27 – Charlene is pictured with Albert for the Sainte Devote Ceremony in Monaco.  

March 18 – Charlene is pictured at the  memorial for the late Zulu monarch, King Goodwill Zwelithini at the KwaKhethomthandayo Royal Palace in Nongoma, South Africa 

April 2 – Charlene posts an Instagram picture of herself, Albert and their twins Jacques and Gabriella for Easter.

It is unknown where the image was taken.

May 8 – Albert, Jacques and Gabriella attend a Grand Prix event in Monaco without Charlene

May 10 – Albert attends Monaco Gala Awards in Monaco without Charlene

May 18 – Charlene shares her first picture from her conservation trip in South Africa  

June 1 – Prince Albert II, Jacques and Gabriella attend event at Oceanic Museum in Monaco 

June 3 – New photos emerge of Charlene on her conservation trip 

June 5- Charlene puts on a united front as she shares a photo with her family to mark her niece’s fifth birthday with her brother’s family and Albert and the twins in South Africa

June 7 – Albert and the twins attend the World Rugby Sevens without Charlene 

June 17 – Prince Albert attends Red Cross Summer concert in Monte Carlo with his sister Princess Caroline of Hanover 

June 18 – Prince Albert appears alone Monte Carlo TV Festival 

June 24  – Charlene’s foundation releases a statement saying the royal is unable to travel and is undergoing procedures for an ear, nose and throat infection   

July 2 – Charlene and Albert mark their 10th anniversary separately. ‘This year will be the first time that I’m not with my husband on our anniversary in July, which is difficult, and it saddens me,’ Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene said in a statement.

July 3 – Albert appears with glamorous niece Charlotte Casiraghi  at the 15th international Monte-Carlo Jumping event, which is part of the Longines Global Champions Tour of Monaco,

July 27 – Prince Albert  attends Olympics alone in Tokyo

August 13 – Charlene undergoes a four-hour operation. The reason is not announced 

August 25 – Charlene shares photos of Prince Albert, Gabriella and Jacques visiting her in South Africa 

August 31 – Speculation mounts in the media about couple’s relationship

September 1 – Charlene is admitted under an alias to the Netcare Alberlito Hospital after suddenly ‘collapsing’

September 2 – She is discharged, with a statement from the Palais Princier reading: ‘Her Highness is closely monitored by Her medical team who said that Her condition was not worrying’

September 23 – Prince Albert attends the 2021 Monte Carlo Gala for Planetary Health

September 29 – Prince Albert is joined on the red carpet by actress Sharon Stone for a first look at the eagerly anticipated James Bond release 

September 30 – Charlene releases a stylish video promoting her anti-poaching campaign from her South African bolthole 

October 3 – Princess Charlene shares a photograph of herself smiling in front of a bible in her first snap since being discharged from hospital following her health scare

October 5 – Prince Albert attends  Sportel Awards Ceremony in Monte Carlo with nephew Louis Ducruet

In the snap, which was shared to Instagram on Sunday, the former Olympian, 43,  can be seen putting on a casual display in a black jumper and rosary bead necklace as she sits at a wooden table. 

The royal, who was born and raised Protestant but converted to Roman-Catholicism ‘of her own free will and choice’ in April 2011, simply captioned the post, ‘God Bless,’ followed by a heart emoji.   

The wife of Prince Albert was admitted under an alias to the Netcare Alberlito Hospital on Wednesday 1 September after a ‘medical emergency’ caused by complications from an ongoing ear-nose-throat infection she contracted in May.  

She was discharged the following day, with a statement from the Palais Princier reading: ‘Her Highness is closely monitored by Her medical team who said that Her condition was not worrying.’ 

It comes just days after Charlene released a stylish video promoting her anti-poaching campaign from her South African bolthole – after missing a No Time To Die screening in Monte Carlo with her husband

Yesterday, she  shared a photograph of herself smiling in front of a bible in her first snap since being discharged from hospital following her health scare.

In the snap, which was shared to Instagram on Sunday, the former Olympian, 43,  can be seen putting on a casual display in a black jumper and rosary bead necklace as she sits at a wooden table. 

The royal, who was born and raised Protestant but converted to Roman-Catholicism ‘of her own free will and choice’ in April 2011, simply captioned the post, ‘God Bless,’ followed by a heart emoji.   

The wife of Prince Albert was admitted under an alias to the Netcare Alberlito Hospital on Wednesday 1 September after a ‘medical emergency’ caused by complications from an ongoing ear-nose-throat infection she contracted in May.  

She was discharged the following day, with a statement from the Palais Princier reading: ‘Her Highness is closely monitored by Her medical team who said that Her condition was not worrying.’ 

It comes just days after Charlene released a stylish video promoting her anti-poaching campaign from her South African bolthole – after missing a No Time To Die screening in Monte Carlo with her husband.

Charlene said last summer that her decision to convert to Roman-Catholicism was because she found strength in the religion and it was part of Grimaldi tradition.

‘Catholicism is the state religion [in Monaco]. But for me, it represents much more. The values of this religion profoundly touch me and correspond perfectly to my spirit,’ People reported.

Charlene’s first state visit to the Vatican was in January 2013 along with Prince Albert. The royal couple’s visit marked the 55th anniversary of the meeting of his parents, Prince Rainier and Princess Grace of Monaco with Pope Pius XII in 1957.

The royal said the ‘experience was extremely intense and moving for me’. 

In 2016, Princess Charlene of Monaco visited the Vatican in an all-white outfit as it was revealed she is one of only seven people allowed to don the colour while meeting Pope Francis. 

Called le privilége du blanc in French or il privilegio del biacno in Italian, the special tradition is extended solely to designated Catholic queens and princesses and is usually reserved for important events at the Vatican such as private audiences, canonisations, beatifications and special masses.

Princess Charlene is bestowed this privilege, along with Queen Sofía of Spain, Queen Paola of Belgium, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, Queen Mathilde of Belgium, Queen Letizia of Spain and Princess Marina of Naples.

Normal protocol for papal audiences require that ladies wear a long black dress with a high collar and long sleeves, and a black mantilla.

Charlene has spent the past several months in South Africa being treated for an ear and throat infection she contracted in May.

As a result, the mother-of-two missed her 10 year wedding anniversary and is not expected to return to the principality until October, after undergoing a ‘four-hour operation under general anaesthesia’ in August – although it was not made clear whether this was linked to the sinus infection.



Read more at DailyMail.co.uk