News, Culture & Society

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in video call with mental health workers

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle surprised a group of mental health charity workers on Wednesday by tuning into their staff video meeting – marking the couple’s first joint appearance since moving into Tyler Perry’s $18M LA mansion.

Ricky Neal, who works for Crisis Text Line in Atlanta, took to social media on Thursday to share a photo of a staff Zoom call where the duke and duchess were royal guests.

‘It’s not everyday that Meghan and Harry jump into your staff meeting & champion the work you do! Blessed to still be working during these crazy times!’ he said in an Instagram post.

Taking to Twitter, a man known only as Ricky, shared a screenshot of Prince Harry , 35, and Meghan Markle, 38, during the meeting (pictured)

Alongside the photo, he penned: '...still shocked that Meghan and Harry took over our staff meeting yesterday!'

Alongside the photo, he penned: ‘…still shocked that Meghan and Harry took over our staff meeting yesterday!’

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex made the video call from their ultra-luxurious Beverly Hills hideout that belongs to Hollywood tycoon Tyler Perry. Pictured, attending the annual Commonwealth Day Service at Westminster Abbey on March 9, 2020 in London

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex made the video call from their ultra-luxurious Beverly Hills hideout that belongs to Hollywood tycoon Tyler Perry. Pictured, attending the annual Commonwealth Day Service at Westminster Abbey on March 9, 2020 in London

Harry, 35, and Meghan, 38, were seen dressed in casual clothing as they spoke to the team members from what appears to be Tyler Perry’s Beverly Hills home.

DailyMailTV last week revealed the couple has been hiding out at the ultra-luxury mansion since March, when they moved to LA from Vancouver Island amid the Covid-19 lockdown.  

The pair have never been seen in public with Perry – best known for his cross-dressing portrayal of feisty Madea in his series of hit films – but are believed to have met him through their mutual close friend Oprah Winfrey.

It is unknown what the video call entailed however, Harry and Meghan, who are known advocates for mental health issues, have worked with the charity in the past. 

The couple helped launch the Crisis Text Line’s UK affiliate, Shout, last May in a joint project with Prince William and Kate Middleton. 

William, 37 appeared in a video promoting the launch of the 24/7 text messaging helpline, urging people to sign up to become a crisis volunteer.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had also announced the initiative on their Sussex Royal Instagram account. 

Many royal fans thanked Neal for sharing the surprise video call in the comments, but some eagle-eyed users were quick to comment on the artwork in the background. 

‘Look at the picture art in the background. Yes, they are at Tyler Perry’s house. Thanks for sharing!’ one person said.  

Another added: ‘I love the background in this room. Interesting art!’  

‘I love how they’re working quietly behind the scenes. A hard working couple!’ another user said. 

Harry and Meghan, who are known advocates for mental health issues, teamed up with crisis volunteer last year (pictured) to launch UK affiliate Shout

Harry and Meghan, who are known advocates for mental health issues, teamed up with crisis volunteer last year (pictured) to launch UK affiliate Shout  

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had also announced the initiative on their Sussex Royal Instagram account

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had also announced the initiative on their Sussex Royal Instagram account 

Royal fans from across the globe took to Twitter (pictured) to thank Ricky for sharing the surprise video call from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Royal fans from across the globe took to Twitter (pictured) to thank Ricky for sharing the surprise video call from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

The photo, which is the famously-private couple’s first joint appearance since moving, was removed from Twitter and Instagram on Thursday afternoon after going it quickly went viral. 

Neal declined to comment when contacted by DailyMail.com.  

The royal couple recently erected screens around the Beverly Hills area mansion where they are living with son Archie, after it was discovered people could see directly onto the grounds.

Workmen were pictured outside the $18million home, owned by movie producer Tyler Perry, on Saturday – the first day Los Angeles County allowed some hiking trails to reopen as authorities relaxed lockdown measures.

After Parks & Recreation let Californians back onto popular hiking routes such as the Beverly Drive – Franklin Canyon Connector Trail on Saturday, locals taking dogs for walks and doing their daily exercise could see exactly where the couple are staying with their son Archie.

The area surrounding Beverly Ridge Estates features a steep hill which leads to the edge of the property and gives walkers an advantageous viewpoint. 

Prince Harry (pictured), 35, spoke to the families of WWII survivors who suffered horrific burns in battle on BBC's The One Show tonight

Prince Harry (pictured), 35, spoke to the families of WWII survivors who suffered horrific burns in battle on BBC’s The One Show tonight

Prince Harry spoke with two relatives of the two members, Sandy Saunders and Jack Perry. Pictured top row left to right: Dave, Andy, Dave, and bottom right, Maggie

Prince Harry spoke with two relatives of the two members, Sandy Saunders and Jack Perry. Pictured top row left to right: Dave, Andy, Dave, and bottom right, Maggie

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk