When you travel with your kids the greatest reward and achievement is the hug you get from your kids during and after the trip saying they enjoyed the trip very much and you are the ‘greatest dad’ in the world. However, this is not an easy thing to achieve as you will have to deal with their needs and requirements, tantrums and pangs as well.
Therefore, you will need to know what the most effective ways are to provide the best travel experience to your kids, depending on their age. You will have to consider everything from providing them the tastiest and most authentic bush tucker to an enjoyable joyride, from draping a snake around their shoulders in a safari to riding a bike through the forest. In short, they must be allowed to freak out with ‘terms and conditions’ applied.
Young kids love adventurer and you must provide them with exactly that knowing how to choose the best ones according to their age, mental and physical strength and several other factors. Here are a few best kid and family travel experiences that you can provide to them.
List to choose from
There are lots of things that kids and even your family will like to do during a trip. Some of these are:
- Kids love to sleep under a mosquito net in the wild. Camping is the most favorite thing to do in a trip with the insects making all types of sounds and the moonlight meandering through the gaps between the leaves and branches. Spend a night out with your kids and see the difference.
- Riding out in the open through a park or a deserted road is another thing that kids will love. With the birds chirping, the sound of silence all around, no pollution or risk of any passing motor vehicle and the cool breeze unsettling the hair and slapping, there is nothing else they will want. There are lots of NYC ebike rental shops that will provide bikes of different types for everyone at affordable price.
- Not only the kids but even adults feel a unique sensation in them when they stand in two countries at the same time proving that there is actually no borderline between two countries literally but only politically. Make sure that you visit the border with your kids if you are nearby to it in any family trip.
- If you are visiting any place by the sea, often you will find that there is a spot for the interested tourists to visit and explore a shipwreck. This is a one of its kind experience that your kids will never forget. Just make sure that you hire the best guide and follow the safety instructions to avoid unwanted incidents and accidents. Remember, shipwrecks are extremely fragile.
- Enjoying in a theme park is another favorite pastime for kids and family during a vacation. There are several different types of unique rides that will work up the adrenaline making the trip more memorable. However, the quantum of adrenaline rush you want to provide your kid with will largely depend on their age and the type of ride you choose. Make sure that you accompany your young kid at the ’45 feet almost vertical slide!’
- You can capture every moment of happiness in your kids and make it into fun memories by allowing them to float into the calm and serene turquoise waters of the lagoon. Remember ‘Blue Lagoon!’ it will be a gorgeous and a beautiful experience for you as well as your kids. If you are allowed and your kids are ready, put on the snorkeling gear to take a close look at the coral below the crystal clear water.
- If you visit a place near the ‘ring of fire’ that have a few inactive volcanoes then taking a walk along with your kids will provide the best experience as well as a firsthand knowledge of how furious Mother Earth can be sometimes. They will love to see such fierce yet beautiful natural landscapes live instead of seeing it on the TV on National geographic. In a few volcanoes you are allowed to walk inside it as well. The eerie rush is worth several Instagram photos.
- If the destination you have chosen has a lot of historic value then you will surely have a lot of ruins of forts, cities, temples, pyramids and other structures spread wide across. Make sure you visit all these places with your kids and family to see firsthand what the ancient people did leave behind. It will be a great experience and knowledge for your kid who has already started to show noticeable signs of becoming an archaeology or history buff.
- You can even camp in the mountains with your kids while trekking to the absolute beauty of nature during the summer. This is the best way for your kids to get the feel of exploring and at the same time will bring your family further closer together. To make sure that you have the ultimate experience, make sure you hire a separate bike for everyone in the trip from one of the reliable NYC ebike rental shops so that you can reach to even the most difficult and highest spots without having to walk painstakingly all the way up and down the mountain. Mountain biking is one favorite sport for young kids.
Allow your kids to participate in any and every type of camping activities or any other acts that they probably miss out in their busy and restrained city life, such as dancing with the local tribe and taking part in one of their rituals that unexpectedly coincided with your travel plans and you are lucky to attend. You may also join in with your spouse to make the moments all the more memorable.
Remember, there are lots you can do in a family trip apart from riding in a RV, hiking, biking through the backcountry and roasting marshmallows for dinner and going to sleep under the twinkling little stars above.