Queensland childcare worker accused of being Australia’s worst ever paedophile allegedly raped one little girl 28 times
The childcare worker accused of sexually abusing 91 girls in daycare centres raped one young girl 28 times, court documents allege.
The 45-year-old carer, from the Gold Coast, is charged with 1,600 child abuse offences spanning 15 years at 10 childcare centres in Brisbane, one in New South Wales and another in Europe.
Court documents seen by the Courier Mail allege that the man – who cannot be named for legal reasons – raped one of his alleged victims 28 times and sexually abused another 54 times.
The childcare worker accused of sexually abusing 91 girls in daycare centres raped one young girl 28 times, court documents allege (stock image)
Another young girl was allegedly raped 27 times and sexually abused 34 times, the court documents state, while a third girl was allegedly raped eight times and abused 24 times over three years.
The daycare worker is also accused of making child porn on the same dates as the alleged abuse.
He is also charged with 27 counts of distributing child pornography from outside Australia, when he lived in Europe.
The man’s charges relate to offences committed over a 15-year period in childcare centres in Sydney, Brisbane and overseas between 2007 and 2022.
Among the allegations are 136 counts of rape and 110 counts of sexual intercourse with a child under the age of 10.
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) said they have contacted the parents of all 87 Australian victims identified in the child abuse material.
The man has remained in custody since his arrest in August last year with his case most recently mentioned in Brisbane Magistrates Court last week.
His lawyer Madeline Wood gave nothing away as she emerged from court after a successful bid to have her client’s case adjourned until November.
Lawyer Madeline Wood (pictured) is defending the man charged with 136 counts of raping pre-pubescent girls
Queensland’s Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) prosecutor told Brisbane Magistrates Court he’s had ‘preliminary discussion’ with Ms Wood about the ‘voluminous’ amount of charges against her client.
The prosecutor said the investigation against the Gold Coast man was still trying to get evidence from witnesses overseas.
The man cannot be named due to laws in Queensland preventing the identification of people charged with rape or serious sexual offences.
Police allege further self-produced child abuse material was uncovered on electronic devices owned by the man when he was arrested and charged last year.
The AFP launched Operation Tenterfield in response, identifying children in the alleged abuse material recorded at 11 Australian childcare centres and an early learning centre attached to a school overseas.
It is alleged the man recorded his offending on phones and cameras while working in 10 childcare centres in Brisbane between 2007 to 2013, and 2018 to 2022, along with a Sydney centre between 2014 and 2017.
Other filmed offences are alleged to have taken place at the overseas location in 2013 and 2014.
All the children allegedly offended against were pre-pubescent girls.
Last year, the AFP was able to trace objects identified in the background of some of the alleged images and videos posted on the dark web between 2013 and 2014.
It led police to a Brisbane childcare centre while the man’s home was also raided.
Nearly 4,000 images and videos allegedly created by the man were reviewed by officers from a joint-agency task force between the AFP, Queensland Police and the Australian Centre to Counter Child Exploitation.
The matter will be mentioned in Brisbane Magistrates Court on November 6.