Recipe: Mediterranean Baked Fish
Choose cod loin or haddock fillets to make this Mediterranean-style fish dish – it’s perfect for a special meal for two.
ProPoints® value: 5
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 25mins
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 large Onion, red, thinly sliced
- 4 medium Tomato, quartered
- 1 teaspoons Dried Mixed Herbs
- 2 rasher(s) (medium) Back Bacon, raw, trimmed of all fat
- 300 g Cod, raw, skinless cod loin or haddock fillets
- 2 teaspoons (level) Tomato Purèe
- 1 teaspoons Lemon, finely grated rind
- 6 individual Olives, in Brine, pitted black or green, sliced
- 8 leaf/leaves Basil, fresh, or flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 pinch Salt 1/8 teaspoons Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 leaf/leaves Basil, fresh, fresh or flat leaf parsley leaves, to garnish
Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/375°F. Mist a baking dish with low fat cooking spray. Add the onion, tomatoes and mixed herbs.
Lay out the rashers of bacon. Gently stretch them length wise and place a fish fillet at one end of each rasher. Spread tomato puree over the fish, sprinkle with lemon rind and add the olives and basil or parsley leaves. Roll up the bacon.
Place the bacon-wrapped fish on top of the onion and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Garnish with basil or parsley leaves and serve with lightly cooked fresh green vegetables.
Sign up for FREE when you buy a 3 month plan…