This simple pasta dish is packed full of flavour, yet only takes 30 minutes to make. Great for a midweek dinner when time is of the essence.
ProPoints® value: 8
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 20mins
- 250 g White Pasta, dry, use penne
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 4 rasher(s) (medium) Back Bacon, raw, cut into thin strips
- 2 small Onion, red, sliced
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 1 individual Chilli, Green or Red, de-seeded and diced
- 2 can(s) (large) Tinned Tomatoes, chopped, (400g cans)
- 2 tablespoons (level) Tomato Purèe
- 2 tablespoons (level) Dried Basil, torn, plus extra to garnish
- 1 pinch Salt, and black pepper, freshly ground
Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the pasta and cook for 10–12 minutes or according to packet instructions. Drain and rinse thoroughly.
Meanwhile, spray a large, non stick pan with the cooking spray. Add the bacon, onions, garlic and chilli and cook, stirring over a medium heat for 5 minutes until the onions have softened. Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato purée and cook for 5 minutes until thickened slightly.
Add the basil and season. Add the drained pasta and stir to combine. Heat until piping hot then serve garnished with the extra basil leaves.
Sign up for FREE when you buy a 3 month plan…