Weddings are a time to celebrate. However, today’s weddings are not just all about dinner and dancing. Modern couples are incorporating as much fun for their guests as they can. Entertainment at weddings go beyond hiring a band or DJ. Now, you can find the same fun and festivities that you might find at a kid’s birthday party, including a bouncy castle! Yup, you read that right. A bouncy castle at your wedding can help elevate your reception from basic to unforgettable.
The wedding bouncy castle trend started in the U.K. but seems to be catching on all over the world. The original company that started the wedding castle offers customizable bouncy castles so that you can get one that matches the decor or theme of your wedding. If you’re not living in the U.K., you can still incorporate this fun idea into your wedding. You might not be able to get a bouncy castle that perfectly fits your wedding’s decor, but you can still rent one that is shaped like a castle and can provide tons of fun for you and your guests. You want to make sure your guests are having fun, but you also want to make sure they are doing it safely. Here are some dos and don’ts for having a bouncy castle at your wedding:
- Caution Signs – Although bouncy castles are full of fun for adults and children, it might be a good idea to post a caution sign outside of the bouncy castle to make sure guests know what to do or not do to stay safe. Keeping your guests happy is important but keeping them safe is equally important. Along with the caution signs outside of the bouncy castle, it would be a good idea to provide a shoe rack so guests can leave their shoes before they enter. This helps keep everyone’s shoes in one place and helps keep clutter away from the bouncy castle.
- Remove Shoes and Jewelry – A good rule of thumb for a bouncy castle is to remove your shoes and jewelry. This is really to make sure you do not cause any damage to the bouncy castle itself and also so that you do not end up injuring others inside with you. You especially want to make sure that you are not wearing any jewelry while inside. Bouncing around in a bouncy castle can easily lead to lost or damaged jewelry. Such strenuous activity can cause all sorts of damage to jewelry such as loose diamonds coming out. This is important to keep in mind if you are wearing any expensive pieces such as your wedding or engagement ring.
- Location Matters – Bouncy castles are best for outdoor weddings that have plenty of space. However, keep in mind you want to pick a spot that is far from trees to help prevent any damage and for safety. Find a space within your venue that allows for not just room for the actual bouncy castle but also plenty of room surrounding it. The extra room around the bouncy castle is good to have just in case the castle accidentally deflates. Some space surrounding the bouncy castle is great as well to have space for shoe storage and also for those waiting to enter.
- Bring in Liquids – A big rule for bouncy castles is to make sure you do not bring any liquids inside. This is really just to prevent any damage to the materials the bouncy castle is made of and also a safety precaution. Bouncy castles are made up of thick PVC or vinyl which does not absorb liquids. Spilling liquids inside will make for a big mess and also opportunities for people to slip and injure themselves.
- Cram Too Many People – Another important rule is to not allow too many people inside at one time. This helps prevent people crushing one another inside and causing injuries. Also, remember that the only thing keeping a bouncy castle upright is air. If there is too much weight inside it could cause the structure to collapse.
- Bounce In The Dark – Most bouncy castle companies rent out by the hour. So, you might not be able to use a bouncy castle at night. However, if you happen to be able to keep it all throughout your wedding day, you might want to set a curfew for using it. Once it gets dark outside you may want to stop people from using the bouncy castle. It can be especially dangerous for small children to use it at night since they will not be able to see inside.
A bouncy castle can be lots of fun at a wedding. It is great entertainment for both adults and children. However, you want to keep in mind safety precautions to take before setting one up on your big day. You want guests to have fun and enjoy your big day, but you also want them to leave uninjured.