Revealed: Why BABY OIL is your secret weapon for a sparkling and shiny kitchen sink all year round
- A mum has shared how she cleaned her sink and kettle using one product
- On Facebook she said she used baby oil to make the appliances look shiny again
- She said she applied the oil and wiped it down with minimal effort
While many people use baking powder and vinegar as a natural way to clean their kitchen, a savvy mum has shared the unusual trick that transformed her sink and kettle.
Posting photos to an Australian Facebook group, Amelita said she used plain baby oil to clean the household appliances after spotting a recommendation online.
‘To whomever it was that suggested using baby oil to make the kitchen sink shiny again and to get rid of the streak marks… you are AMAZING,’ she wrote.
‘I should’ve taken photos before but here are the results anyway… I even tried it on the kettle!’
‘To whomever it was that suggested using baby oil to make the kitchen sink shiny again and to get rid of the streak marks… you are AMAZING,’ a woman wrote on Facebook
The two photos illustrated how well the baby oil worked at making the products bright and shiny as if they were new – without any greasy feeling.
In the comments Amelita said she simply applied the baby oil then wiped it off with minimal effort.
The sparkling results quickly impressed others and received more than 900 likes online.
Another woman who saw the Facebook post tried it herself and shared before and after images too
‘Totally doing this! What a great idea,’ one woman said.
‘I was told to do this to [my] stainless [steel] oven and fridge too, works amazing!’ another said.
‘I use it on my steel stove top too!’ a third added, and a forth said: ‘Eucalyptus oil is brilliant as well and smell is nice too – kills germs as a bonus.’
Another woman who saw the Facebook post tried the cleaning trick herself and shared before and after images too.
‘Wow I just did it with the only oil I had!’ she said, revealing she used the Palmer’s Coconut Oil Body Oil.
HOW TO DEEP CLEAN YOUR SINK USING NATURAL PRODUCTS
1. Sprinkle baking soda on the sink and clean using a scour or sponge
2. Pour white vinegar over baking soda to disinfect
3. Wash the sink with water and rub with a lemon to deodorise
4. Buff the sink with baby or mineral oil to keep it shining for weeks on end