‘Done like a Kepa’: Gary Lineker and rival fans mock Chelsea keeper after latest blunder sees him score own goal off his own HEAD in crazy Champions League clash against Ajax
- Ajax took a 4-2 lead away at Chelsea in Champions League group stage clash
- Dutch side went 3-1 through Kepa Arrizabalaga own-goal during the first half
- A free-kick from the right hit the post and bounced in off the keeper’s face
- Supporters were quick to find the funny side of the unfortunate incident
- Ajax later reduced to nine men as Chelsea fought back to 3-4 in second half
Supporters were quick to see the funny side after Kepa Arrizabalaga conceded an unfortunate own goal off his own head during Chelsea’s frenetic Champions League clash against Ajax.
The keeper was caught out by a deep free-kick from the left, which cannoned off the post, hit him as he dived to save it and bounced into the goal.
TV presenter Gary Lineker led the jokes, claiming the Spaniard was ‘Done like a Kepa’, while Olympic hockey star Sam Quek claimed ‘You won’t see a better diving header for a while.’
Chelsea keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga watches as the ball hits his face and goes into the net
It was the second own goal of the night for Chelsea, after Tammy Abraham had opened the scoring at the wrong end with just three minutes played.
Jorginho levelled things up with a penalty, but Quincy Promes and Arrizabalaga’s mistake allowed Ajax to take a commanding half-time lead.
That was only the start of the action, with Donny van de Beek adding a fourth for the Dutch club only for Cesar Azpilicueta to pull one back and Daley Blind and Joel Veltman to see red in quick succession.
Jorginho would reduce the deficit further with his second penalty, before substitute Reece James levelled the match with 15 minutes to play.