‘The club they all want in the #UCLDraw’: Zenit St Petersburg pick fun at their Champions League draw seeding with change to their Twitter bio
- Zenit St Petersburg are among teams waiting for the Champions League draw
- The draw will take place at 5pm on Thursday afternoon, live from Monaco
- Teams will learn who they will meet in the group stage of the competition
- In comical fashion Zenit have altered their social media bios ahead of the draw
Zenit St Petersburg have comically altered their social media bios ahead of the group stage draw for the 2019-20 Champions League campaign.
The Russian giants are among teams waiting for the draw to take place, which will commence in Monaco from 5pm on Thursday.
After learning that many European sides would be happy to face them, Zenit quickly altered their official Twitter page bio to read: ‘The club they all want in the #UCLDraw!’.
Zenit have made light of the fact that many teams will be wanting to pick them from pot one
Due to UEFA’s seeding system, Russian champions Zenit find themselves in pot one of four, alongside a host of European heavyweights including current holders Liverpool plus the likes of Barcelona and Juventus.
With each group consisting of a pick from each pot, Zenit’s humourous stab at self-deprecation is probably fairly accurate.
Nonetheless, a long-haul trip to Russia to face the country’s top side will be seen as a potential banana skin for many teams.
A total of 26 teams made it directly into the group-stage draw, while six further teams joined them following the completion of the play-off matches.
No team can play a club from their own association meaning, for example, last season’s runners-up Tottenham will not be drawn against one of the other English sides.
THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE POTS
- Liverpool (ENG) – 91
- Chelsea (ENG) – 87
- Barcelona (ESP) – 138
- Bayern Munich (GER) – 128
- Juventus (ITA) – 124
- Manchester City (ENG) – 106
- Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) – 103
- Zenit St Petersburg (RUS) – 72
- Real Madrid (ESP) – 146
- Atletico Madrid (ESP) – 127
- Borussia Dortmund (GER) – 85
- Napoli (ITA) – 80
- Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) (80)
- Tottenham (ENG) – 78
- Ajax (HOL) – 70.5
- Benfica (POR) – 68.5
- Lyon (FRA) – 61.5
- Bayer Leverkusen (GER) – 61
- Red Bull Salzburg (AUT) – 54.5
- Olympiacos (GRE) – 44
- Club Bruges (BEL) – 39.5
- Valencia (ESP) – 37
- Inter Milan (ITA) – 31
- Slavia Prague (CZE)- 21.5
- Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) – 29.5
- Lokomotiv Moscow (RUS) – 28.5
- Genk (BEL) – 25
- Galatasaray (TUR) – 22.5
- RB Leipzig (GER) – 22
- Red Star Belgrade (SRB) – 16.75
- Atalanta (ITA) – 13.5
- Lille (FRA) – 5