Second man charged after Lone Wolf bikie allegedly gunned down in apartment building carpark
- Second man charged over alleged shooting
- Bikie Yusuf Nazlioglu died in Rhodes on June 27
A second man has been charged over the murder of a Sydney bikie who was gunned down in a brazen attack.
Lone Wolf bikie Yusuf Nazlioglu, 40, was shot multiple times in the car park of his Rhodes apartment building on June 27 last year and died in hospital.
Strike Force Claypinch detectives charged Mohammed Hosni Khaled, 25, in April over the murder and he remains before the courts.
Lone Wolf bikie Yusuf Nazlioglu, 40, was shot multiple times in the car park of his Rhodes apartment building on June 27 last year and died in hospital
Police arrested Abdulrahman Atteya, 33, during a vehicle stop on Eighteenth Avenue, Austral, just before dawn on Wednesday.
Detectives later executed a search warrant at homes in Austral, Granville and Bankstown, where they seized a number of items, they said in a statement.
Mr Atteya was taken to Liverpool Police Station and charged with murder.
He has been refused bail to appear before Liverpool Local Court on Wednesday, where he was formally bail refused to appear at Burwood Local Court on June 28.
Police will allege in court the Liverpool man was involved in the planning and co-ordination of the incident and investigations under Taskforce Erebus and Strike Force Claypinch are ongoing.
In 2020 a jury found Nazlioglu not guilty of murdering Comanchero boss Mick Hawi, who was gunned down at Fitness First in Rockdale in 2018.
Nazlioglu was accused of being the balaclava-clad gunman, while Jamal Eljaidi was said to be his getaway driver but was also acquitted.
Police arrested Abdulrahman Atteya, 33, during a vehicle stop on Eighteenth Avenue, Austral, just before dawn on Wednesday
The Crown alleged Nazlioglu was motivated to kill Hawi after the former close friends fell out with the relationship souring during a fishing trip to the Central Coast in the summer of 2016/17.
NSW Police Detective Chief Superintendent Jason Weinstein said more arrests were likely.
‘[Mr Atteya] was one of a number of individuals that conducted surveillance in the area of Rhodes, monitoring the movements of Mr Nazlioglu and his fiance,’ he said.
‘This is not the end of investigations, there are other individuals who we suspect were involved in planning this operation.
‘We do not stop today and we will not stop.’
Detective Chief Superintendent Weinstein said police had not yet determined a motive for the alleged attack.
‘We are still testing a number of theories,’ he said.
‘I don’t want to speculate any further because we have not placed a definitive reason why the murder took place.’