SECRETS OF AN A-LIST BODY: How to get shoulders like Hollywood actress Brooke Shield
Brooke Shields works hard to maintain her physique and showed off her impressive shoulders recently.
The 53-year-old actress works out with a personal trainer and practises inversion training — hanging upside down while exercising — which is said to strengthen muscles in the back and abdomen.
‘I’ll just hang there and then start doing a series of crunches and things like that,’ she has said.
Looking good! 53-year-old actress Brooke Shields works out with a personal trainer and practises inversion training, which keeps her on top form
WHAT TO TRY
– The stair push-up is great for working the upper body, including shoulder muscles.
– Position yourself in front of a flight of stairs, standing on the floor at the bottom.
– Lower your body and support yourself with your hands on the third or fourth step — keep your head, hips and heels in a straight line. Bend your elbows and lower your upper body.
– Squeeze between your shoulder blades and push up.
– Repeat to exhaustion. Do two to three sets with a minute’s recovery between each.