Shocking moment Mexico City cops attack star soccer player and and his pregnant wife during a traffic stop
- At least two police officers beat a Mexican league soccer player and his pregnant wife during a traffic stop Wednesday in Mexico City
- Mariana Clemente post a video on her Twitter account of the moment a female cop reached into the family’s vehicle and attacked her
- She and her husband Alfredo Saldívar pleaded for the cops to stop because she is 16 months and a half pregnant
- A male police officer climbed inside the vehicle and put Saldívar in a choke hold
- The incident in currently under investigation by the Mexico City police
- Saldívar is the Pumas UNAM starting goalkeeper in the top tier Liga MX
This is the shocking moment at least two cops in Mexico City are caught on video assaulting a Liga MX soccer player and his pregnant wife.
Mariana Clemente shared a video clip on Twitter of how Wednesday’s traffic suddenly turned violent when she refuses to allow a traffic cop to inspect her handbag.
Clemente is seated on the passenger side of the BMW next to star Pumas UNAM goalkeeper Alfredo Saldívar when a female police officer reaches for her bag.
Mexican league soccer star Alfredo Saldívar (left) and his pregnant wife Mariana Clemente (right) were attacked by police officers in Mexico City on Wednesday after Clemente refused to hand over her bag to a female cop
Mariana Clemente shows off some of the scratches she suffered during an altercation with a police officer during a traffic stop. Clemente repeatedly told the female cop she was pregnant
Mexico City’s police condemned the actions of two officers (left and right) after they attacked a Mexican league player and his pregnant wife
A scuffle ensued immediately with both Clemente and Saldivar screaming at the cops to stop because she is pregnant.
A male cop climbed inside the car and placed Saldívar in a choke hold.
One of the couple’s two sons was seated on the backseat.
Mariana Clemente (left) and her soccer player husband Alfredo Saldívar (right) with their two sons. Clemente is 16 months and a half pregnant
Alfredo Saldívar is a goalkeeper for Puma, a team in Mexico top soccer division, Liga MX
The Mexico City Police Department issued a statement via Twitter on Thursday denouncing their agents’ behavior
Clemente also shared photo that showed several scratches she suffered on her chin and chest area while trying to fend off the cop.
‘I am 16 months and a half pregnant. It’s incredible that they do something like this to a family that was absolutely doing nothing,’ Clemente wrote on her social media account.
The Mexico City Police Department issued a statement via Twitter on Thursday denouncing their agents’ behavior.
‘In regard to a video broadcast on social networks in which police officers from this unit attack a pregnant woman and her partner, this unit strongly condemns it.’