Six-year-old girl starts squeaking like a DOLPHIN after she accidentally swallowed a toy whistle that got stuck in her windpipe
- A young girl accidentally swallowed a plastic toy whistle she was playing with
- The six-year-old from Xi’an, in central China, began to squeak like a dolphin
- Surgeons removed the plastic toy that had become lodged in her windpipe
A young girl began squeaking like a dolphin after she accidentally swallowed a toy whistle.
The six-year-old from Xi’an, in central China, was playing with the plastic toy when it became lodged in her windpipe.
Video footage revealed how the swallowed whistle made the six-year-old squeak every time she breathed in and out, Shanghaiist reported.
She was taken to hospital where doctors performed an X-ray to determine the precise location of the ingested toy.
A team of surgeons then operated on the young girl to remove the whistle from her windpipe.
One of the doctors told reporters it was fortunate the six-year-old was not any younger.
He said her trachea was relatively mature and this meant she did not suffer any serious suffocation.
A six-year-old girl from Xi’an, in central China, began to squeak like a dolphin after she accidentally swallowed the plastic toy whistle (pictured) she was playing with