Surveillance video captures horrifying moment pedestrian is run over by the 22-year-old driver of a stolen vehicle during a police pursuit in Argentina before he and a 15-year-old boy were arrested
- Franco Parabagna and a teenage boy were apprehended in the Buenos Aires town of González Catán after they fled the scene of an accident
- The suspects had stolen a van and led the police on a chase before Parabagna, the driver, failed to slow down and struck a male pedestrian
- Parabagna and his 15-year-old accomplice abandoned the vehicle and led the cops on a foot chase before they were caught
- The police confiscated a 9mm gun from the 22-year-old Parabagna
- The pedestrian suffered a dislocated shoulder and a head injury – which was not life threatening
A pedestrian in Argentina is recuperating after the driver of a stolen van hit him and sped away while being chased by 11 police motorcycles.
A surveillance camera captured the moment a man was walking in the middle of a street in the Buenos Aires town of González Catán on Wednesday morning when he was suddenly mowed down by Franco Parabagna, 22.
Local media outlets reported that cops in the city of La Matanza launched a pursuit after a male witness reported Parabagna and a 15-year-old boy had stolen a Renault Kangoo.
A pedestrian is recuperating at a hospital in Buenos Aires, Argentina, after he was run over by the driver of a stolen van Wednesday. He suffered a head injury and a dislocated shoulder
Police in the Buenos Aires town of González Catán nabbed two men who stole a Renault Kangoo and left the scene of an accident after the 22-year-old driver mowed down a pedestrian
The suspects were pursued for several blocks before Parabagna, who was speeding next to a truck, failed to hit the breaks and slammed into a pedestrian.
The impact of the collision lifted the man off the road before he hit his head on the sidewalk.
Several cops continued the pursuit of the two suspects before three cops stopped their motorcycles and came to the aid of the injured victim.
Surveillance camera shows the moment cops aboard motorcycles continue the pursuit of two men who stole a vehicle in Argentina on Wednesday before the armed driver mowed down a man who was walking in the middle of the street
A police officer (bottom left) walks back to check on the health of a pedestrian who was struck by a stolen van Wednesday in Buenos Aires, Argentina
The unconscious man was rushed to the local Paroissien Hospital where he was diagnosed with a dislocated left shoulder and a head injury. The injuries were not life threatening.
The suspects abandoned the vehicle several blocks over and led the police on a foot chase, but were immediately apprehended.
Cops confiscated a 9 mm handgun from Parabagna.