Horror as man, 52, plunges to his death in front of shoppers at a Sydney shopping centre moments after stabbing a 14-year-old girl in the neck
- A 14-year-old girl was allegedly stabbed in the neck at a home in Chatswood
- She was taken to Sydney Children’s Hospital where she is in a stable condition
- Police were called to a shopping centre moments after alleged stabbing
- A 52-year-old man plunged from an upper level and died at the scene
- Police believe an argument broke out between the pair before alleged attack
A man has plunged to his death after he allegedly stabbed a 14-year-old girl in a domestic dispute.
Police were called to Nicholson Street, in Chatswood, in Sydney’s North Shore, at 9.55am on Sunday.
A 14-year-old girl was found by police with stab wounds to her neck and was being helped by a member of the public.
She was taken to Sydney Children’s Hospital where she is in a stable condition.
Emergency services were then called to a shopping centre on Victoria Avenue at 10 where a 52-year-old man was found with severe injuries.
Police believe he fell from an upper level and he died at the scene.
During initial investigations police have been told an argument broke out between the pair, who are known to each other, before the girl was stabbed.
The 52-year-old fled the scene as the 14-year-old alerted the neighbours about what had allegedly taken place.
Inquires are ongoing and police ask anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
For confidential support call the Lifeline 24-hour crisis support on 13 11 14.