Beauty fan stunned after realising she’d been using her skincare headband wrong her whole life – and she’s not the only one
- A makeup guru was surprised to learn how to actually use a beauty headband
- The expert had been wearing the headband with the bow on top of her head
- However, a fan advised her the bow is meant to be at the back to hold her hair
A makeup and beauty guru was shocked to learn she had been using beauty headbands wrong for years – and she’s one of many who had no idea how to tie it.
The towelling headbands are a popular accessory to keep hair off the face when applying skincare products and beauty fan Taylor Herrera was putting it on with the bow on top of her head.
However, one of her fans informed her that the wired bow is not actually a fashion statement, but a hair tie designed to hold back hair.
A makeup and beauty guru was shocked to learn she had been using beauty headbands wrong for years – and she’s one of many who had no idea how to tie it
Similarly to most people, Taylor Herrera has been putting the headband on with the bow at the front (left). However, one of her fans surprised her by revealing the wired bow is not actually a decoration but a hair tie that should be at the nape of your neck to hold back your hair (right)
‘Did you guys know this isn’t a bow? I totally thought [the bow went on top] so when you’re doing your makeup you just have a cute little bow on top,’ Taylor said on TikTok.
She had recorded a video of herself doing her makeup routine whilst wearing the headband and several people commented to tell her she wasn’t using it right.
‘Your headband is super cute, did you know the “bow” is also supposed to hold back your hair?’ one woman said.
‘You’re wearing that wrong,’ another agreed.
How to use a beauty headband:
Put the headband on your head with the bow at the nape of your neck, then collect your hair within the bow and use it as a hair tie
After learning of her blunder, Taylor uploaded a tutorial showing her fans how to wear the accessory.
‘Apparently this is what you’re supposed to do. The bow actually goes on the back, so there’s no bow on the front,’ she said.
‘Then you take your hair and [the sides of the bow] hold it back in a pony tail.’
‘Tell me I’m not the only one who didn’t know that, because this is life changing.’
‘I used to always just put a scrunchie back there. I think it’s cuter with the bow but this is cool.’
Taylor’s followers were just as surprised as she was to learn the truth.
‘I was today years old when I knew that,’ one woman said.
‘I never knew that! Thanks!’ another wrote.
However, the trick doesn’t work with every headband as some don’t have wire bows.
‘Mine doesn’t have any metal in it so it doesn’t hold my hair,’ one woman explained.
Common products you’re probably not using right
* Bobby pins – most people wear these hair clips with the grooves facing upwards, but they are actually meant to be against the scalp for added grip
* The drawer at the bottom of your oven – this drawer isn’t meant to be for storage but is actually designed to keep your meals warm before serving
* The hole in your pasta spoon – this hole is the perfect measurement for one serving of pasta
* Tic Tac packaging – the lid on the box of this sweet treat is designed to serve one Tic Tac. Turn the box upside down and one mint will fit into the lid
* Blenders – Few people realise that you are always meant to put liquids into your blender before solids