The teenage girl at the heart of the Anthony Weiner sexting scandal has revealed her face for the first time, a year after DailyMail.com revealed the shamed politician’s lewd messages to her.
The teenage girl spoke to Inside Edition this week as Weiner awaits sentencing for transferring obscene material to a minor.
She is not being named because she is still a minor but her father gave permission for her face to be shown.
The girl was 15 when she struck up an online and text relationship with Weiner in January 2016.
It sparked a months-long exchange between them which included graphic messages and topless photographs of the 53-year-old former New York congressman.
In her interview this week, the teenager said she was ‘disgusted’ by the messages she received from Weiner who, at the time, was still living with wife Huma Abedin, one of Hillary Clinton’s closest aides.
The pair separated shortly before the scandal was exposed as a result of his inappropriate messages with another woman.
They were seen taking their young son Jordan to school together on Friday.
The girl who exchanges sexts with Anthony Weiner revealed her face for the first time on Friday. She is not being named because she is still a minor but her father gave permission for her face to be shown
The teenage girl first made contact with the married man through a private Twitter message where she told him she was a fan in January 2016.
She was aware the previous sexting relationships which torpedoed his political career and but said she wanted to see if he would take the bait given Clinton’s presidential bid.
‘I knew that Hillary Clinton would be running for president in the year 2016 and I wanted to see if Anthony was still up to the same antics,’ she said.
The girl recalled their introduction in an interview with DailyMail.com last year but was not ready to show her face at the time.
Her comments were published at the time but her voice was obscured so as to protect her and her face was hidden.
After speaking briefly on Twitter, they soon began exchanging text messages and his input quickly turned sexual.
‘I knew it was going downhill and really fast,’ she said.
For months afterwards, they exchanged sexually graphic text messages and he sent her photographs of himself in various states of undress, sometimes posing with his son.
‘I was disgusted,’ the girl said of the image, adding: ‘That’s part of the reason I came forward.’
The scandal rocked the presidential campaign and has been blamed for thwarting Clinton’s White House chances.
One of the topless photographs the former congressman sent the girl in 2016 that was exposed by DailyMail.com last year. The girl said she was ‘disgusted’ by his graphic texts and selfies
The teenager said she first made contact with Weiner in January 2016. She said she wanted to speak to him because of his proximity to Hillary Clinton – at that time a presidential candidate
Weiner sent the girls photographs of himself in a swimming pool and sent crude messages. She told him she was deleting their exchange and affectionately called him ‘babe’
Weeks before the election, the FBI re-opened its investigation into her use of a private email server – which is widely pinpointed as Clinton’s downfall – because of information it gleaned from the Weiner sexting scandal.
The text messages were revealed by DailyMail.com in September 2016 after the girl and her father came forward.
Among descriptions of his ‘hard’ genitals were shirtless photographs of the 53-year-old sitting next to his son.
In others, he described wanting to have sex with her so roughly that it would make her ‘go leak and limp’.
‘I would b**t that tight p***y so hard and so often that you would leak and limp for a week,’ he said.
Weiner apologized at the time, saying the messages were proof of his ‘terrible judgement’.
The 53-year-old was pictured taking his son Jordan to school with his estranged wife Huma Abedin in Manhattan on Friday
Weiner will be sentenced next month. His sentencing was due to take place today but it pleaded with a judge to push it back so that he could take his son to school
‘I have repeatedly demonstrated terrible judgement about the people I have communicated with online and the things I have sent.
‘I am filled with regret and heartbroken for those I have hurt.
‘While I have provided the Daily Mail with information showing that I have likely been the subject of a hoax, I have no one to blame but me for putting myself in this position. I am sorry,’ he said.
Weiner pleaded guilty to transmissionof obscene material to a minor in May (above)
After the scandal was exposed, a criminal investigation was launched which extended to his wife’s personal laptop.
Because detectives believed Huma had used the same device to receive classified information from Clinton’s private email server when she was Secretary of State, it crossed over into the previously closed probe into the presidential candidate’s practices.
James Comey, the FBI Director at the time, decided to reopen his investigation into Clinton’s emails in light of the cross-over and he announced the decision in a letter to congress that was written on October 28 – less than two weeks before polls opened.
It plummeted Clinton’s popularity and she has blamed the move for her sensational election defeat ever since.
On Friday, Weiner and his estranged wife were solemn as they took their son Jordan to school for the first day of the fall semester in Manhattan.
He had been due to be sentenced today but pleaded successfully with a judge to push the date back so that he could be there for the milestone family event.
The girl’s Inside Edition will be shown in full on Monday September 11.
The girl said she was inspired to make contact with Weiner because of his wife’s close connection to Hillary Clinton