Worrying warning for young girls after a pair of 17-year-old mates were stalked by a strange man on their afternoon walk before he hid in a BUSH to watch them
- Two 17-year-olds have been followed in Canterbury at about 4pm on August 14
- The girls noticed the man following and when they met a friend he hid in bushes
- They continued on to Redman Street in Campsie where he again pursued them
- Campsie Area Police were called but were unable to the locate the man
- Police believe an Asian man pictured may be able to assist with inquiries
Young women have been urged to stay alert after two teenage girls were followed through a park and over a bridge by a man who hid in bushes to conceal himself.
The 17-year-old girls were walking along John Street in Canterbury towards Tasker Park at about 4pm on August 17.
They noticed a man following them when they continued through a nearby park and over the Georges River foot bridge to meet a friend, as he attempted to hide in nearby bushes.
The 17-year-old girls were walking along John Street in Canterbury towards Tasker Park at about 4pm on August 17 when they noticed a man following them. Police believe the man in this picture can help with enquiries
After leaving the park, the group of girls again noticed him following them at the intersection of Redman Street and Park Street in Campsie.
Police were called and officers from the Campsie Police Area Command searched for the man who could not be found.
Police believe a man of Asian appearance, aged in his mid 30s, of slim build with dark shoulder length hair may be able to assist with enquiries.