News, Culture & Society

Teenage son of AFL great accused of ‘digitally raping’ a 14-year-old girl

Teenage son of AFL great is accused of ‘digitally raping’ a girl, 14, and posting images of the alleged attack on social media after she passed out at a party

  • A teenage athlete and son of an AFL great is accused of assaulting girl at a party 
  • The alleged assault was filmed and posted on a social media app, police say 
  • The 14-year-old alleged victim passed out at the Melbourne house party 

A talented teenage athlete and son of an AFL great has been arrested after allegedly ‘digitally raping’ a 14-year-old girl who was passed out at a party. 

The girl’s parents are reportedly pushing for the schoolboy to be charged with serious criminal offences after video of the alleged assault was posted to social media. 

The girl had been drinking at a Melbourne house party in October 2019 when she passed out and was allegedly assaulted, according to the Herald Sun. 

A talented teenage athlete and son of an AFL great has been arrested after allegedly ‘digitally raping’ a 14-year-old girl who was passed out at a party (stock image) 

She was unaware anything had happened to her until she went to school the following week and a friend showed her a video circulating on social media of her while she was unconscious. 

‘She’s in a horrific mental state, as any girl of that age would be. She doesn’t even want to go to school,’ a family friend told the publication. 

Victoria Police confirmed to Daily Mail Australia they are investigating after a video recorded on October 12 was posted online. 

‘The video was posted without consent,’ a Victoria Police statement said. 

It is understood the video was sent via text and then posted to a social media app.   

Police said they have issued two teenage boys with cautions for distributing an intimate image while another boy is ‘assisting police with inquiries’. 

‘As the investigation is ongoing it would be inappropriate to comment further,’ the statement reads. 

The teenager, who is alleged to have helped film the assault on a mobile phone, is understood to have been warned his sporting pursuits could be affected if found guilty. 

If convicted the boy could also be added to the sex offenders register. 

She was unaware anything had happened to her until she went to school the following week and a friend showed her a video circulating on social media of her while she was unconscious (stock image)

She was unaware anything had happened to her until she went to school the following week and a friend showed her a video circulating on social media of her while she was unconscious (stock image) 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.