- The deadly incident took place at a fair in Andhra Pradesh, India on Sunday night
- Witnesses allegedly spotted a loose bolt and alerted the attraction’s operator
- The man reportedly ignored the reports and did not intervene after the accident
- One person was killed and six others injured as the carriage fell to the ground
- Police have launched an investigation with the injured being treated in hospital
This is the horrific moment a 10-year-old girl is killed after falling from a fault Ferris wheel in India.
Terrifying footage shows the ride spinning at full speed as a bolt gives way and the carriage being flung to the ground.
Six other people – including three children – were seriously injured in the accident in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh, India, on Sunday night.
The fun fair, held in the ground of a local college, was packed with weekend crowds enjoying the rides.
Dramatic video showed the group falling from the carriage several metres above the ground after the bolt failed
Pictures from local media showed one of the women injured in the incident receiving treatment at a local hospital
All of the injured were admitted to Anantapur General Hospital.
Eyewitnesses claim they had noticed that the bolt was loose and alerted the wheel operator but he failed to act.
After the accident the operator was accosted by locals and beaten.
He was later rescued and handed over to the police. The district administration has ordered a probe into the accident.
According to India.com the official had failed to act because he was drunk at the time of the incident.
A woman receiving emergency treatment in the Anantapur General Hospital after the fall
Eyewitnesses claimed they noticed the bolt was loose and alerted the ride’s operator who did nothing to intervene