News, Culture & Society

Terrified siblings flee for their lives as hoverboard suddenly explodes in their living room

Terrified siblings flee for their lives as hoverboard suddenly explodes in their living room

  • Boy was riding the hoverboard in his flat in China when smoke started to emerge 
  • Seconds later, the device burst into a ball of flames right in front of his sister
  • Luckily the children were able to escape the scene and were unhurt 

A pair of siblings in east China narrowly escaped unscathed after a hoverboard suddenly exploded in their flat. 

Horrifying video footage of the incident shows a boy riding the board in the living room when it suddenly started spewing smoke.

The boy immediately jumped off the device as it burst into a massive ball of flames right in front of his little sister, who was sitting in a chair inches away.

Smoke suddenly stared to emerge from the device, alarming the brother

Surveillance footage on August 16 shows the boy riding the hoverboard while his little sister sits in a chair. Smoke suddenly stared to emerge from the device, alarming the brother

Seconds later, the hoverboard burst into a massive ball of flames right in front of the girl

Seconds later, the hoverboard burst into a massive ball of flames right in front of the girl

The incident took place at the sibling’s home in Hefei city, Anhui province on August 16 at about 4:12pm, according to Liberty Times Net. 

After the blast, the little girl was seen jumping off the chair and running for her life. Her brother had escaped into an adjacent room.

Both children are unhurt in the incident, according to the report. 

The explosion was reportedly caused by a damaged lithium battery in the rechargeable device. 

The boy was seen running after the device exploded while his sister remained in the chair

The boy was seen running after the device exploded while his sister remained in the chair

After the blast, the little girl was seen jumping off the chair and running for her life

After the blast, the little girl was seen jumping off the chair and running for her life

Earlier this month, a charging electric scooter exploded in a house in Beijing. 

A man, his daughter and their pet dog narrowly escaped from the explosion. The mobility device was being charged only the second time when the incident occurred. 

The Chinese authorities have previously warned the public against purchasing sub-standard electric devices from unauthorised manufacturers. 

Advertisement

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.