Teatime quiz The Chase is one of ITV’s biggest hits, hosted by Bradley Walsh and featuring Chasers Anne ‘The Governess’ Hegerty and quiz show veteran and general know-it-all Mark ‘The Beast’ Labbett. Now pit your wits against him in our quiz – and see if you can survive a head-to-head round with The Beast…
1) What building is home to the London Philharmonic Orchestra?
a. Barbican Centre
b. Royal College of Music
c. Royal Festival Hall
Teatime quiz The Chase is one of ITV’s biggest hits, hosted by Bradley Walsh and featuring Chasers Anne ‘The Governess’ Hegerty
2) Which South American country has won the most Miss World titles?
3) Complete the saying:
‘As rich as…’?
Mark ‘The Beast’ Labbett on The Chase
4) In The Six Million Dollar Man, which of these parts of Steve Austin was NOT replaced by bionics?
a. His left eye
b. His legs
c. His right ear
5) The composer Berlioz (above) was commonly known by what first name?
6) British Summer Time begins on the last Sunday in which month?
7) Which of these Bond films was released first?
a. Die Another Day
b. Live And Let Die
c. Tomorrow Never Dies
8) Which Prime Minister did Anthony Andrews play in The King’s Speech?
a. Herbert Asquith
b. Stanley Baldwin
c. Winston Churchill
9) Which of these painters had a notorious lifelong feud with Sir Joshua Reynolds?
a. John Constable
b. Anthony van Dyck
c. Thomas Gainsborough
10) According to the TV theme song, which superhero was in ‘satin tights, fighting for your rights’?
a. Captain America
b. Wonder Woman
11) Which of these elements is a solid at room temperature?
12) What kind of foodstuff is a clingstone?
13. The lovers in which EM Forster novel first meet in a Florence guest house?
a. A Room With A View
b. Howards End
c. The Longest Journey
14. Which infamous ruler was known as the ‘Scourge of God’?
a. Ivan the Terrible
b. Genghis Khan
c. Attila the Hun
15. Impressionist Mike Yarwood (below) created what catchphrase for Labour politician Denis Healey?
a. Tricky Dicky
b. Busy Lizzie
c. Silly Billy
16. Which of these is the name of a professional football player?
a. Patrick Darby b. Liam Oakes
c. Sean St Ledger
17. According to Billboard magazine, who was the highest-earning ‘music money maker’ during the year 2013?
c. Taylor Swift
18. Which of these superheroes was told, ‘kneel before Zod’?
19. What did the initial ‘M’ in JMW Turner stand for?
20. In what language was the novel One Hundred Years Of Solitude first published?
21. Which fashion designer was first to release a perfume?
a. Giorgio Armani
b. Donna Karan
c. Coco Chanel
22. Which actress won two Golden Globes in 2007 for playing Elizabeth I and II?
a. Cate Blanchett
b. Helen Mirren
c. Miranda Richardson
23. What name is given to the medieval Danish confederation of Derby, Leicester, Lincoln, Nottingham and Stamford?
a. The Five Cities
b. The Five Towns
c. The Five Boroughs
The Six Million Dollar Man 1974, starring Lee Majors
24. In the words of a 1978 UK No 1 single, which artist ‘painted Salford’s smoky tops’?
a. John Constable
b. LS Lowry
c. Joshua Reynolds
‘The Chase Quizbook: Volume 1’ (Hamlyn) is out now, priced £8.99. ‘The Chase’ is on weekdays on ITV at 5pm
Answers : 1 C. 2 C. 3 B. 4 C. 5 B. 6 A. 7 B. 8 B. 9 C. 10 B. 11 A. 12 B. 13 A. 14 C. 15 C. 16 C. 17 C. 18 C. 19 C. 20 A. 21 C. 22 B. 23 C. 24