News, Culture & Society

The Bachelor’s Jimmy Nicholson distances himself from ‘mean’ contestants after WhatsApp messages

EXCLUSIVE: The Bachelor’s Jimmy Nicholson distances himself from ‘mean’ contestants after they were caught spreading gossip and nasty memes about him on a WhatsApp group chat

Signing on to become Channel 10’s Bachelor may seem like a fairy-tale – but it appears Jimmy Nicholson’s experience on the show is anything but.

Sources have told Daily Mail Australia that the 31-year-old pilot is doing his best to stay away from the drama.

According to the insider, Jimmy is ‘distancing himself’ from certain rejected contestants after learning that they’ve been spreading gossip behind his back.

Not happy! The Bachelor’s Jimmy Nicholson (pictured) is distancing himself from ‘mean’ contestants after they were caught spreading gossip, and nasty memes on WhatsApp

‘Jimmy’s shocked with the girls and thinks that they’re quite mean,’ the source said. 

‘The girls were writing nasty things about him in the group chat, sending memes and spreading gossip in a private WhatsApp group chat.’

‘He doesn’t think it’s normal and doesn’t understand why they are acting this way, the girls obviously didn’t take the rejection well.’

Not nice! A source has told Daily Mail Australia that Jimmy is 'shocked' with the behaviour of   certain rejected contestants after reading 'nasty' messages written about him in a group chat

Not nice! A source has told Daily Mail Australia that Jimmy is ‘shocked’ with the behaviour of   certain rejected contestants after reading ‘nasty’ messages written about him in a group chat

Gossip: 'The girls were writing nasty things about him in the group chat, sending memes and spreading gossip in a private WhatsApp group chat,' the source said. Pictured contestants

Gossip: ‘The girls were writing nasty things about him in the group chat, sending memes and spreading gossip in a private WhatsApp group chat,’ the source said. Pictured contestants 

‘He is quite shocked by it all and disappointed,’ another source said. 

The insider claimed Jimmy was so upset about what was being said that he passed the screenshots onto producers.

It’s understood that Warner Brothers, the production company behind the show, e-mailed all of Jimmy’s contestants last week warning them that behaviour wouldn’t be accepted and if it continued that they would risk breaking their contract. 

Why? The insider claimed Jimmy was so upset about what was being said that he passed the screenshots onto producers.  'He doesn't think it's normal and doesn't understand why they are acting this way, the girls obviously didn't take the rejection well,' they added

Why? The insider claimed Jimmy was so upset about what was being said that he passed the screenshots onto producers.  ‘He doesn’t think it’s normal and doesn’t understand why they are acting this way, the girls obviously didn’t take the rejection well,’ they added

Not here for the drama! An early teaser of the show also also sees Jimmy send one girl home for causing drama in the mansion

Not here for the drama! An early teaser of the show also also sees Jimmy send one girl home for causing drama in the mansion

It comes just days after it was revealed that Ten’s publicity department implemented a brutal punishment to stop Jimmy’s contenders from going rogue.

With the future of Bachelor In Paradise up-in-the-air production and Ten had to get creative to avoid spoilers from being leaked online.

WB offered contestants their coveted blue tick alongside a whopping $5,000, which they’ll have to forfeit if they’re in breach of their agreement. 

‘Warner Bros learnt from the fame hungry girls of season eight who were obsessed with getting followers,’ a source told Daily Mail Australia. 

Channel 10 and Warner Brothers have been approached for comment. 

Stay tuned! The Bachelor continues Wednesday at 7.30pm on Ten

Stay tuned! The Bachelor continues Wednesday at 7.30pm on Ten 



Read more at DailyMail.co.uk