The easiest bathroom renovation EVER: Mum transforms her space using stick-on $25 tiles from Kmart in a modern makeover
- Mum shares the transformation she did in her bathroom with tiles from Kmart
- Ree instantly modernised her bathroom wall with the self adhesive $25 tiles
- She applied them over the old tiles and added some plants to create a fresh look
- ‘These adhesive tiles make such a difference! looks so much nicer,’ Ree wrote
A mum has shared the easy and effective transformation she performed on her bathroom wall using adhesive tiles from Kmart.
Ree from Adelaide, South Australia, used the $25 Self Adhesive 3D Tiles to instantly modernise her family bathroom.
‘These adhesive tiles make such a difference! It’s just a quick fix but looks so much nicer,’ Ree wrote.
A mum has shared the easy and effective transformation she performed on her bathroom wall with the $25 Self Adhesive 3D Tiles from Kmart to instantly modernise her family bathroom
She simply applied the adhesive tiles directly on top of the outdated existing tiles and even added indoor plants to create a fresh look.
The mum-of-two says that the hexagonal-shaped tiles are sticky and seem secure on her bathroom wall.
They are also resistant to water, oil, high temperatures and mildew, which makes them ideal to use in either the bathroom or kitchen.
The tiles are resistant to water, oil, high temperatures and mildew, which makes them ideal to use in either the bathroom or kitchen
Another mum who also has the tiles in her home says that if the edges have been joined and sealed properly they will last a long time.
Kmart stocks an entire collection of adhesive tiles in a range of colours, patterns and shapes to suit all homes and styles.
Ree shared her transformation to Facebook to inspire fellow renovation fans and hundreds have since commented on just how good her bathroom now looks.
Another mum who also has the tiles in her home says that if the edges have been joined and sealed properly they will last a long time
How to apply the Self Adhesive Tiles:
1. Clean the surface where you wish to apply the tile. Thoroughly clean surface with a degreaser then allow to completely dry.
2. Starting from the left side, trace guidelines on your surface with a level or chalk to align the placement of tiles.
3. Using a ruler cut the left part of your left tile to required size, along a straight line.
4. Peel back the first 5cm of the backing without touching the adhesive surface. Align the tile carefully along the guideline while applying light pressure from left to right. Press firmly once applied.
5. Align the tiles carefully from left to right along the guideline and only overlap where the pattern matches
Source: Kmart description
‘What a difference – and the plants give it the WOW factor,’ an impressed user wrote.
‘Wow amazing how it transforms the entire room! Looks great,’ another wrote.
‘Such a difference a small change makes. You’ve motivated me to update my bathroom,’ another wrote.