Prep: 45 minutes
Cook: 15-18 minutes
Makes: 10 cupcakes
100g soft butter
100g caster sugar
300g icing sugar
Large packet of oreo cookies
White chocolate buttons
Milk chocolate buttons
100g self raising flour
2 large eggs
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp milk
White ready to roll icing or white icing pen
Black icing pen
1. Pre heat the oven to 160 Fan. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with 10 cupcake cases.
2. Measure all of the cake ingredients into a mixing bowl. Whisk together using an electric hand whisk until light and fluffy. Spoon into the cases.
3. Bake for 15-18 minutes until well risen and springing back when pressed in the middle. Leave to completely cool on a wire rack.
4. Measure the butter, icing sugar and milk into a bowl. Whisk until pale and fluffy. Divide into two bowls. You could add some very finely chopped Oreo Cookies to the icing if you like.
5. Pipe the icing on the cupcakes (reserve a small amount to use as your ‘glue’ later on).
6. To make the bats, take a whole cookie and using a small amount of leftover butter cream, stick on two white chocolate buttons for the eyes and use a black icing pen for the pupils.
7. Slice a chocolate button in half and stick the two pieces in between the sandwiched cookie for the ears (using a dab of buttercream to help stick, if needed).
8. Either cut out fangs from white ready to roll icing and stick on with buttercream or pipe on using a white icing pen.
9. Slice another cookie in half and remove the white filling. Slice both halves in half again to make the bat wings and stick them to the back of the bat cookie using a little buttercream.
10. Place the bat on top of the piped icing.