1. Indonesia – With over 54,716 miles of coastline, a beach is never too far in Indonesia. It boasts over 186 green spaces, with an average temperature of 25°C. For those who love watching the waves, this is one of the best destinations in the world for it.
2. Australia – No wonder it’s a backpacker’s dream as going Down Under may be the perfect way to relax. With an average of 30 days of annual leave, over 25,000 miles of beautiful coastline and 187 green spaces, Aussies are in the perfect location to unwind.
3. Iceland – With the lowest noise and light pollution levels on the list, Iceland is a great place to take a breath of fresh air. Despite the average temperature being 1.75°C, this nation enjoys 36 days of annual leave each year and gets to enjoy sights of one of the world’s greatest natural phenomena – the Northern Lights.
4. New Zealand – A stunning landscape, there’s no wonder why New Zealand was chosen for Middle Earth in the Lord of the Ring films. With Kiwis getting around 31 days of annual leave per year, they can enjoy 253 green spaces and over 15,000 miles of coastline.
Sri Lanka takes fifth place on the list of the 15 most chilled nations. Pictured is Wijaya beach on its southern coast
5. Sri Lanka – This tropical paradise takes position number five, with average temperatures reaching nearly 27°C, lush rainforests covering the landscape, and the most amount of leave of all countries on the list with 40 days vacation – we’re relaxed already.
6. Cyprus – According to local legend, the mythical goddess of love, Aphrodite was born on the coastline of Cyprus, making it one of the most majestical locations on the island. Cypriots also enjoy average temperatures of 18°C, 34 days of annual leave and stunning beaches.
7. The Philippines – Known for its beautiful beaches, the Philippines combines the vibrancy of Filipino culture and the tranquility of its natural beauty. It has over 36,000 miles of coastline, wildlife and an abundance of nature reserves.
8. Greece – Renowned for its ancient history and idyllic islands, Greece also has the longest coastline in Europe, stretching over 13,000 miles. Along with the Greek sunshine, fresh fish and produce, enjoying a drink on the beach would be a dream.
Greece, pictured, came eighth as it has the longest coastline in Europe, stretching over 13,000 miles
9. India – The birthplace for yoga and meditation, the most popular techniques to help achieve emotional and mental clarity, there’s no surprise that India features on this list. With average temperatures of 23.65°C throughout the year, sun and mediation are the cure.
10. Mauritius – A dream honeymoon destination, Mauritians also know how to de-stress. Despite being a tiny island in the Indian Ocean, the country has some of the most picturesque landscapes known to man. With the average temperature reaching 22°C and low levels of noise and light pollution, peace is never too far here.
11. Costa Rica – This Central American nation knows the perfect conditions for a relaxing day: with average temperatures reaching 24°C, golden beaches and plenty of green spaces for you to have a calming walk.
The Rose Valley, pictured, is one of the most picturesque places to relax in Bulgaria, which came 13th on the list
12. Portugal – With nearly 2,000 miles of coastline, Portugal is a popular tourist destination for those trying to catch the winter sun. The country has around 145 green spaces, with the nation enjoying up to 35 days of annual leave each year.
13. Bulgaria – Having one of the richest folk cultures in Europe, Bulgarians enjoy 32 days of holiday each year, meaning they can explore their various parks and museums to unwind. While only having 354 miles of coastline, Bulgaria is actually famous for its roses, and a visit to the Rose Valley during the summer months means you can pick your own bouquet.
14. Croatia – With around 1,000 islands, this country boasts over 5,000 miles of coastline, making it the perfect place to relax under the sun. The nation enjoys 33 days of annual leave each year, with many festivals taking place on an annual basis.
15. Spain – Nearly 5,000 miles of coastline, 36 days of annual leave and the option to party in Ibiza or relax in the countryside, unwinding here is the perfect escape.