- Jesinta Franklin, 26, is known for her love of beauty, health and skincare
- The Sydney-based model revealed her best kept skincare secrets
- Her technique only has three ingredients and all can be found in your kitchen
Jesinta Franklin (nee Campbell), 26, has some of the most enviable skin in the game – dewy, flawless and downright Instagram-worthy.
Now, the Sydney-based model has spilled the details on her beauty secret that gives her the enviably glowing skin she is known for.
Although the Australian beauty most likely has access to hundreds of luxury skin products, there is a homemade remedy she swears by.
Jesinta revealed the trick in her book Live A Beautiful Life where she included a write-up on the ancient beauty practice she said gave her ‘incredibly silky smooth’ skin.
Jesinta Franklin (nee Campbell), 26, has some of the most enviable skin in the game and has revealed one of her secrets
‘The first time I tried this method my skin was incredibly silky smooth for days afterwards; it was brighter and everyone would comment on my complexion,’ Jesinta wrote in her book.
The technique is called gua sha, which involves creating a scrub using only three ingredients and they can all be found in your kitchen.
But there is one surprising ingredient – triple distilled vodka.
Although the Australian beauty most likely has access to hundreds of luxury skin products, there is a homemade remedy she swears by
The model is known for taking excellent care of her skin which gives her an enviable glow
Jesinta’s secret is called gua sha, which involves creating a scrub using only three ingredients and they can all be found in your kitchen
Jesinta explained that she was a fan of gua sha, ‘an ancient practice that has been used for centuries to cleanse the body’.
She uses the homemade scrub to deeply cleanse and hydrate her body and in her book she said it can help those suffering from body acne.
Jesinta was told about the treatment by a friend who had learnt about it after a visit to Fiji.
The former beauty queen has incorporated gua sha into her beauty routine and uses it two to three times a week to get glowing skin.
Jesinta (pictured) uses the homemade scrub to deeply cleanse and hydrate her body
The former beauty queen has incorporated gua sha into her beauty routine and uses it two to three times a week to get glowing skin
‘I have never used an exfoliant or product that compares to this amazing at-home treatment,’ she wrote in her book.
‘When you apply a gua sha you are accessing right through the layers of skin to give you an amazing cleanse and a chance to get rid of toxins that may be deep within those layers.’
JESINTA’S RECIPE FOR GUA SHA
Vodka (make sure it’s triple distilled)
Aluminium-free bi-carb soda
A jar with a lid
- Fill about 80 percent of the jar with bi-carb soda.
2. Add the vodka to the top of the bi-carb and let it absorb through and mix it until it has a putty consistency.
3. Get into the shower and wet your body. Turn the water off and apply the gua sha mixture all over your body — be sure to avoid your private parts. “Trust me sister, those areas and vodka do not mix well together. Eeeek, haha,” says Jesinta.
4. Once the gua sha is applied, get a loofah or body glove and rub in circular motions all over your body — it might tingle a little bit but don’t worry!
5. Once you have exfoliated your entire body, continue showering like normal, making sure you wash off all of the gua sha.
6. Towel dry your body before applying coconut oil from head to toe. Your skin will absorb all of the oil, leaving it feeling smooth.