The tastiest TV treats! Sci-fi exploding chocolate truffles
Comedy pizzas, crime scene cupcakes… fun themed snacks to go with autumn’s televisual feast
These delicious sci-fi exploding chocolate truffles can be topped with sprinkles or edible glitter
Step into the dark side with these smooth chocolate and liqueur truffles with an explosive popping candy sensation – they’re out of this world!
Makes about 20
- 100ml (3½fl oz) double cream
- 200g (7oz) 70% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 3tbsp rum, brandy or Cointreau (optional)
- 75g jar of popping candy (available from Waitrose or online)
- Chopped blanched almonds, for rolling (optional)
- Cocoa, raspberry powder or matcha (green tea powder, from supermarkets), for rolling
- Edible glitter, for sprinkling (optional)
Line a tray with greaseproof paper. In a small pan, bring the cream just to the boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate until melted, then the alcohol, if using.
Chill until very firm. Take a teaspoonful of the chocolate mixture and shape into a disc 5cm in diameter.
Sprinkle a little popping candy into the centre, fold the edges over and roll into a ball. Repeat to make about 20 balls. Transfer to the lined tray.
Place the almonds (if using) and cocoa, raspberry powder or matcha on separate small plates. Roll the truffles in your choice of toppings and sprinkle with edible glitter, if using