There is no doubt that shilajit has been gaining popularity among people that opt for a natural dietary supplement in their daily lives, but as we all know that obtaining natural shilajit is getting more and more difficult as there are many companies in the market that provide counterfeit products to rip off the customers.
To date there are only a handful of companies that provide authentic shilajit to their customers, one such company is Pürblack, and they provide authentic shilajit to their customers. Today we are going to be taking a close look at shilajit itself and try to figure out the best ways you can identify pure shilajit and after that figure out the most effective way to use it on a regular basis. So without wasting any more time, let’s get started.
How to Grade and Check Shilajit?
There are 4 basic tests that a person can perform on shilajit to ensure that their product is 100% shilajit or not, there is one exception which the user cannot check and has to rely on the manufacture of the shilajit, that being the color of the rock itself. There are 4 primary grades of shilajit that you can get from the mountains, the color of the shilajit rock determines if the shilajit is of a good grade or not.
- Red and gold rock
- Black rock
- Grey rock
- Brown rock
Each of them has its specific properties and is used specifically to their needs.
- The red and gold rock is the best and the purest form of shilajit and is used for rejuvenation therapies.
- The black rock has an abundance of iron which makes it useful for anemia and treatment of excess fat in the body.
- The grey color in the shilajit represents an excess of silver, which is used for the treatment of bone marrow and the nervous system.
- The brown color represents an excess of copper in shilajit which is used for the improvement of liver functions.
The color of the shilajit depends greatly on where it was extracted from and thus the cost also depends on that factor.
How to Test For Pure Shilajit?
The 4 tests that a person can perform to determine if their shilajit is authentic are as follows.
- Pliability: This is one of the most important ways of checking if your shilajit is authentic or not. Genuine shilajit will melt in your hands and it will be soft and gooey, and if you put it in the freezer, the product will freeze and become as hard as glass which you can break with a hammer and it’ll shatter.
- Solubility: Authentic shilajit can easily be dissolved in warm water or milk which will create a golden or reddish-colored liquid.
- Flame: Real shilajit will never catch on fire like a candle, if you put a blow torch to shilajit, it will start to liquefy and start boiling and will produce ash, but it will never catch on fire.
- Form: The best form to buy shilajit is in the resin form that it naturally occurs in. do not buy the powder form as it often contains fillers and is not authentic.
These 4 tests can determine if your shilajit is authentic and it does not contain any additives or fillers.
How to Consume Shilajit?
There are multiple ways a person can consume shilajit, the most basic is adding a pea-size amount of shilajit to a glass of warm water, tea, milk, or coffee. Once added you will immediately see shilajit being dissolved in water or milk.
But the classical recipe of consuming shilajit is mixing honey and shilajit in some warm milk to make a delicious drink.