Parenting website MadeForMums has unveiled its award winning products for 2018.
The awards are the most rigorously tested parenting product awards in the industry; with more than 1000 items put through 40,000 hours of judging by 400 at-home testers as well as a panel of expert judges.
The MadeForMums awards recognise the best parenting products across 85 categories, from buggies, slings and travel systems to nappies, pregnancy essentials and bedside cots.
Parenting site MadeForMums has unveiled its award-winning parenting products in 2018
The winning products are chosen based on a number of criteria, including ease of use, effectiveness and value for money.
This year’s awards reveal an increasing trend towards more natural and exotic ingredients being a key part of many parenting products.
Irish moss, gotukola, rose oil, kefir and sea algae are just some of the unusual plant extracts and herbs that are helping pregnant women and their babies.
Gold, Silver and Bronze awards have been awarded to entrants in each of the 85 categories.
Hazelann Williams, MadeForMums Reviews Editor, says: ‘Raising a child can be expensive – it’s estimated that on average parents spend over £11,000* on their baby in their first year. That’s why it’s important that parents can confidently choose the right products.
The beauty of the MFM awards is that as well as spending a week with our expert judges, our at-home testers trial products in real life situations in their daily routines.
‘By spending thousands of hours judging, we have been able to showcase the very best, functional and valuable products. We are very excited to continue this into 2019.’
For the full list of award winners visit MadeForMums.
EDITOR’S CHOICE 2018
1. Little Butterfly London Toning Body Serum (for mums), £19.50
Packed with fresh ingredients including poppy seed extracts, manilkara leaf extracts, Irish moss and sea algae, this powerful lotion left our mums’ skin feeling soft and supple, while being safe for breastfeeding, vegetarian-friendly and cruelty-free
2. Babycups, £7
Simple yet effective, recommended by dentists, these mini cups offer babies a bright, good value way to help the transition from bottle to cups
Among the winners of the Editor’s Choice awards was the Babycup, recommended by dentists as a way of transitioning from bottles to cups
3. Harry and Rose Baby Nappy Spray, £5.50
An innovative hands-free nappy rash protector, this spray lotion soothes and moisturise sore bottoms, using aloe vera, calendula and chamomile, while free from parabens, phthalates, dyes and mineral oils
4. Bugaboo Bee 5, from £630
The latest iteration of the ever-popular Bugaboo Bee, this compact buggy continues to impress as an ideal ‘city’ buggy, suitable from birth and great for public transport travel
Top pushchairs 2018
1. Uppababy Vista – Ideal for first time parents who want a single-to-double buggy that comes with a very large basket.
2. Recaro CityLife – Ideal for parents after a compact and easy-to-manoeuvre travel system with a one-hand fold.
3. Cosatto Wow – Ideal for parents after an eye-catching all-in-one travel system with loads of added extras
The iCandy pushchair is ideal for parents after a convertible buggy
The Bugaboo Bee 5 (left) was also on the Editor’s Choice list as the perfect option for city parents while the Cosatto Wow is an eye-catching option
The Silver Cross Avia is a well-made, durable and stylish lightweight stroller
4. Bugaboo Bee (Editor’s Choice) – Ideal for city-dwelling parents who use public transport, a lot, and need a compact stroller
5. Silver Cross Avia – Ideal for parents after a well-made, durable and stylish lightweight stroller
6. iCandy Orange – Ideal for parents after a convertible buggy with a built-in buggy board, as it holds up to 3 kids.
The Bugaboo Fox (left) is a robust and compact buggy while the Musty Nexo is recommended to those looking for a compact and convenient pram
The Uppababy Vista is great for first time parents who want a single-to-double buggy that comes with a very large basket
The Recaro CityLife is a compact and easy-to-manoeuvre travel system with a one-hand fold
7. Bugaboo Fox – Ideal for parents after a robust, but compact buggy that’s sure to be the celebrity fave of 2018
8. Mutsy Nexo – Ideal for parents who need a compact and convenient buggy.
Top natural products for mum and baby
1. Made For Life Organics Restorative Body Balm, pregnancy skincare product – Made using 100% organic ingredients including Gotu Kola and Rosehip oil. Great for helping restore elasticity and repairing damaged tissue.
The Harry & Rose Nappy Spray (Editor’s Choice, left) is a non-rub nappy rash solution while the Little Butterfly Toning Body Serum is packed with natural ingredients
The Welda baby range is skin and eco-friendly made with organic ingredients
2. Weleda Baby Calendula & White Mallow Baby Skincare Range – A skin friendly and eco-friendly range made with organic calendula and white mallow plant.
3. Chuckling Goat Baby Kefir Lotion – A baby lotion handmade with goats milk and probiotic kefir for newborns.
4. Harry & Rose Nappy Spray (Editor’s Choice) – A non-rub, nappy rash product made with aloe vera, calendula, chamomile and witch hazel.
5. Little Butterfly London Toning Body Serum for Mums (Editor’s Choice) – A fresh serum packed with poppy seed extracts, manilkara leaf extracts, Irish moss and sea algae.
The Made For Life Organics Restorative Body Balm is great for helping restore elasticity and repairing damaged tissue
Chuckling Goat Baby Kefir Lotion is a gentle lotion recommended for newborns