News, Culture & Society

Thomas Markle claims Starbucks drink didn’t have coffee in it

Meghan Markle’s father has now claimed that the Starbucks drink he was holding just days after having heart surgery was not a Frappuccino.

Thomas Markle told TMZ on Tuesday that his drink didn’t have coffee in it and he didn’t even finish it, despite a photo showing him holding a sugary drink with whipped cream and chocolate on top. 

The Color Toner Experts

Markle Sr told his favored outlet that he has been constantly hounded by paparazzi, who shouldn’t be worried about his heart problems. 

‘I never asked for this and my friends never asked for this and photographers, knowing there’s a child in the car, have no business chasing it,’ he said, even though The Mail on Sunday released CCTV footage of him colluding with a photographer to stage photos just weeks ago. 

Markle Sr secretly collaborated with Los Angeles-based photographer, Jeff Rayner, 44, to stage ‘candid’ pictures of him looking at Meghan’s photo on the internet.

Friends told DailyMail.com he had been left ’embarrassed’ by the incident. 

 

Thomas Markle, has claimed that the Starbucks drink (pictured) he was holding just days after having heart surgery was not a Frappuccino. He said his drink didn’t have coffee in it and he didn’t even finish it

Markle Sr told his favored outlet that he has been constantly hounded by paparazzi, who shouldn't be worried about his heart problems 

Markle Sr told his favored outlet that he has been constantly hounded by paparazzi, who shouldn’t be worried about his heart problems 

'I never asked for this and my friends never asked for this and photographers, knowing there's a child in the car, have no business chasing it,' he said, even though The Mail on Sunday released CCTV footage of him colluding with a photographer to stage photos just weeks ago

‘I never asked for this and my friends never asked for this and photographers, knowing there’s a child in the car, have no business chasing it,’ he said, even though The Mail on Sunday released CCTV footage of him colluding with a photographer to stage photos just weeks ago

He's now expected to keep a low profile at his single-story home north of Rosarito, Mexico, while he recovers from his operation and the fallout from the fake pictures scandal

Thomas Markle is seen gathering his things from a vehicle on Monday

He’s now expected to keep a low profile at his single-story home north of Rosarito, Mexico, while he recovers from his operation and the fallout from the fake pictures scandal 

Markle Sr had initially hoped to make the ceremony, which took place on Saturday morning, but was forced to pull out after allegedly suffering a heart attack last week

Markle Sr had initially hoped to make the ceremony, which took place on Saturday morning, but was forced to pull out after allegedly suffering a heart attack last week

He’s now expected to keep a low profile at his single-story home north of Rosarito, Mexico, while he recovers from his operation and the fallout from the fake pictures scandal. 

Markle Sr had initially hoped to make the royal wedding, which took place on Saturday morning, but made the decision to stay home shortly after suffering a heart attack two weeks ago.

The 73-year-old said at that time that he did not want to cause his daughter any further embarrassment.

Last week, he was admitted to the hospital for an operation to insert three stents – and as a result, he’s likely to have to take blood-thinning medication for the rest of his life.

Markle Sr was previously photographed by DailyMail.com at a McDonald’s drive-thru two days after he said he had suffered a heart attack picking up two Happy Meals and a chocolate milkshake covered with whipped cream around lunchtime.

A few hours later, Thomas was spotted again as he pulled into a KFC near the Mexican border for dinner, grabbing himself a bucket of chicken. 

The night prior he was seen getting a Yoohoo and some Gas X at a 7-11 in San Diego, despite the fact that he has claimed to have suffered a heart attack just two days prior to his back-to-back fast food feasts. 

Drive thru: Markle was previously seen grabbing a frozen beverage with whipped cream at McDonalds two days after he said he had a heart attack (above)

Drive thru: Markle was previously seen grabbing a frozen beverage with whipped cream at McDonalds two days after he said he had a heart attack (above)

Shake it up: He was also seen picking up a Yoohoo (above) the day after he said he suffered a heart attack

Shake it up: He was also seen picking up a Yoohoo (above) the day after he said he suffered a heart attack

He returned to his San Antonio Del Mar property Monday – driven in by a different friend, single mom Lori Davis, 38, with whom he has previously been pictured enjoying a dinner date. 

His return home came days after Meghan walked down the aisle in a spectacular Givenchy dress – accompanied for part of it by her new father-in-law Prince Charles.

Her yoga teacher mother Doria Ragland, 61, was the only member of the newly minted Duchess of Sussex’ family to attend the wedding and was seated alone.

Markle Sr is understood to have watched the ceremony, which took place at 4am Pacific Time, on TV – later pronouncing it ‘joyful and emotional’ in an interview with TMZ.

The former lighting director added: ‘My baby looks beautiful and she looks very happy. I wish I were there and I wish them all my love and all happiness.’

In a second interview with the same outlet, he revealed he had texted his daughter to tell her he loved her before the ceremony and said he regretted not being able to go.

Last week, he was admitted to hospital for an operation to insert three stents ¿ and as a result, is likely to have to take blood-thinning medication for the rest of his life. Because of the surgery Markle Sr missed out on walking his daughter down the aisle on Saturday

Last week, he was admitted to hospital for an operation to insert three stents – and as a result, is likely to have to take blood-thinning medication for the rest of his life. Because of the surgery Markle Sr missed out on walking his daughter down the aisle on Saturday

His return home came days after Meghan walked down the aisle in a spectacular Givenchy dress - accompanied for part of it by her new father-in-law Prince Charles (pictured) 

His return home came days after Meghan walked down the aisle in a spectacular Givenchy dress – accompanied for part of it by her new father-in-law Prince Charles (pictured) 

Markle Sr is understood to have watched the ceremony, which took place at 4am Pacific Time, on TV ¿ later pronouncing it 'joyful and emotional'

Markle Sr is understood to have watched the ceremony, which took place at 4am Pacific Time, on TV – later pronouncing it ‘joyful and emotional’

The former lighting director added: 'My baby looks beautiful and she looks very happy. I wish I were there and I wish them all my love and all happiness'

The former lighting director added: ‘My baby looks beautiful and she looks very happy. I wish I were there and I wish them all my love and all happiness’

He told TMZ: ‘The service was beautiful and it [is] history. I will always regret not being able to be there and not being able to hold my daughter’s hand.’ 

Markle Sr also slammed his son and eldest daughter Thomas Jr, 51, and Samantha Grant, 53, saying they ‘should just shut up about everything’.

On Monday, Meghan’s estranged half-sister Samantha called on the duchess to ‘do the right thing’ and reunite their family in the wake of the royal wedding.

Meghans's yoga teacher mother Doria Ragland (pictured), 61, was the only member of the newly minted Duchess of Sussex' family to attend the wedding

Meghans’s yoga teacher mother Doria Ragland (pictured), 61, was the only member of the newly minted Duchess of Sussex’ family to attend the wedding

She also called on Prince Harry to fly Markle Sr over once he is back to full health in order that he is able to fulfill his lifelong dream of visiting Buckingham Palace.

Last week he blamed his health problems on their constant carping in the media and said he had been forced to take valium to deal with the heartache caused by their attacks on Meghan.

His ex-wife Roslyn, 72, has also hit out at their behavior, telling DailyMail.com she ‘chewed out Tom for making us look like a bunch of hillbillies’.

She also described estranged daughter Samantha as ‘an embarrassment’ to the family and said she needs to ‘get some dignity’.    

As a result of the scandal and his subsequent health problems, Markle Sr is still to meet new son-in-law Prince Harry, 33, although he is thought to have spoken with the royal over the phone.

Markle Sr revealed earlier this week that he plans to travel to London later this year to meet the royals after failing to make the wedding.

His experiences in the UK will be in stark contrast to Rosarito, where he has lived since relocating from Los Angeles on his retirement in 2011. 

Meghan's estranged half-sister Samantha Markle (left) called on the duchess to 'do the right thing' and reunite their family in the wake of the royal wedding. She also called on Prince Harry to fly Markle Sr over once he is back to full health so he can visit Buckingham Palace

Meghan’s estranged half-sister Samantha Markle (left) called on the duchess to ‘do the right thing’ and reunite their family in the wake of the royal wedding. She also called on Prince Harry to fly Markle Sr over once he is back to full health so he can visit Buckingham Palace

Other members of the Markle clan also viewed the ceremony on TV with Roslyn telling DailyMail.com she got up at 3am to see the celebration.

Roslyn, who lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico, said: ‘Meghan looked wonderful and I thought her dress was classically beautiful. Doria looked proud and lovely.’

She said former husband Markle Sr would have been ‘a bit tearful’ as he watched the ceremony and added: ‘I’m sorry that her father missed out on this joyous occasion. I know he was watching and was a bit tearful – but he was very proud.’

Her two eldest children, neither of whom were invited to the wedding, also watched proceedings from afar – and both cashed in.

Samantha was at home in Ocala, Florida, with an Australian TV crew and is understood to have been paid around $25,000 to appear.

Tom Jr, meanwhile, was in the UK as the paid guest of a tabloid newspaper.

Markle Sr revealed earlier this week that he plans to travel to London later this year to meet the royals after failing to make the wedding

Markle Sr revealed earlier this week that he plans to travel to London later this year to meet the royals after failing to make the wedding

The newly married Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, leaving Windsor Castle after their wedding to attend an evening reception at Frogmore House, hosted by the Prince of Wales

The newly married Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, leaving Windsor Castle after their wedding to attend an evening reception at Frogmore House, hosted by the Prince of Wales



Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.