So, you’ve decided to leap into the world of vaping, but you’d like to brush up on the basics first. Whatever your level of experience with e-cigarettes, this guide should help you learn more about the various options available.
New vapers should begin with something simple and not overly sophisticated. You should avoid mods and atomizers that can be customized and start with a simple, easy-to-use kit instead.
So, keep reading to learn how to start vaping and make the most of your vaping journey.
Components that make up a vaping device
- Drip tip: this is where you inhale from.
- Tank: this is where the e-liquid is put.
- Coil: the wicking material, typically cotton, and is wrapped around a metal coil. Toss it when the flavor starts to taste burnt (which could take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks).
- Battery/ Regulated Mod: this is where electronics and batteries for heating your coil are. The capacity of a battery is measured in milliampere-hours (mAh). Watts (W) and Volts (V) are used to indicate the mod’s power output (V).
Types of vaping equipment
Starter kits: As a beginner, starter kits like Elf Bars UK are an excellent place to begin. They come with all necessary components; all you have to do is purchase your preferred e-juice and mix it in.
Mods: If you’re looking for a device to use for more extended periods without needing to recharge, then a mod may be the best option for you. Several mods come with tanks and batteries that are sold separately.
There is no need for additional circuitry in mechanical mods, apart from the wires needed to heat the coil. In an unregulated state, the battery’s power hits the coil without tweaking.
Pods: Pods are the latest technology to gain favor among vapers, which technological advancements have made possible. They’re similar to starter kits, but they’re typically smaller in size.
Types of pods
- Open systems – they allow you to choose your liquid and fill empty pods (tanks).
- Closed systems – you purchase pre-filled pods, which you can use and discard once they are empty.
Disposables: In terms of cost, convenience, and accessibility, disposables are the best options for those looking to get into e-cigs. You can recharge the battery and swap out a cartridge containing a new heating element or wick and a new heating element in rechargeable unit devices.
Box mods with temperature controls automatically adjust vapor production and power output to match the user’s preferences.
Selecting the suitable e-liquid: Once you’ve decided on an e-Cig or mod, you’ll have to decide on the flavor of e-liquid you’d like to use. Nicotine, vegetable glycerin (VG), propylene glycol (PG), and flavoring are the four main ingredients in e-liquids.
It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer number of flavors available for purchase on the internet. Decide what works best for your vaping palate by experimenting with various ratios.
Regardless of what you’re looking for, pick following your personal preferences and budget. Ensure to buy from reputable sellers like elf bars in the UK for compliant and quality products when shopping online.