Tottenham vs Dortmund LIVE — Latest score and updates from Champions League last-16 tie at Wembley
- Tottenham welcome Borussia Dortmund to Wembley in the Champions League
- Tottenham XI: Lloris, Aurier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Foyth, Vertonghen, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Lucas, Son
- BVB XI: Burki, Hakimi, Zagadou, Diallo, Schmelzer, Witsel, Delaney, Dahoud, Sancho, Pulisic, Gotze
- The Premier League side only secured their last-16 berth in their final group tie
- England’s Jadon Sancho is set to make his first senior club start on British soil
- LIVE: All the action and updates from Ajax’s first-leg clash with Real Madrid
- MATCH REPORT: Son sticks it to Dortmund once again as Spurs cruise to victory
Son Heung-min loves playing Borussia Dortmund, the record books show that. He has scored more goals against them than any other club: five in five games during his time with Hamburg and Bayer Leverkusen in Germany, and now four in five games for Tottenham in Europe. It is an amazing run.
Yet credit where it is due. Son’s winner on Wednesday night was not fated or inevitable. His form against Dortmund, the certainty of him scoring, is not written in the stars. This was the work of a striker absolutely at the top of his game. It wasn’t just that he found a way around the yellow wall again; right now, Son could find a way through just about any defensive line.
With Tottenham beset by injuries he is keeping the momentum going in this corner of north (west, temporarily) London. If Harry Kane and Dele Alli return to a team that is still in Champions League and title contention, they will know who to thank. Son has scored 11 goals in his last 12 games, and more importantly, in 10 of the last 12, too. He is getting a lot of singles, which is keeping Tottenham hot; his goals are often a vital breakthrough, and the odd winner…
Read MARTIN SAMUEL’S full match report here.