News, Culture & Society

Tragedy as baby dies after becoming trapped inside a burning home in Bargo, south of Sydney 

BREAKING NEWS: Tragedy as baby dies after becoming trapped inside a burning home in Bargo, south of Sydney

  • House fire in Bargo south-west of Sydney has claimed the life of a baby 
  • Three adults and child in hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and shock
  • Avon Dam Road remains closed off with fire investigators on their way to scene

A baby has tragically died in a house fire in Bargo, south-west of Sydney.

Emergency crews were called to the scene in Avon Dam Road around 6.21pm on Sunday night and arrived to find the house well alight. 

NSW Police confirmed to Daily Mail Australia a baby found inside the home died at the scene.

Three adults and another child were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and shock. 

Six Fire and Rescue NSW crews battled to bring the blaze under control, which has since been extinguished.

‘Fire investigators are making their way out the scene,’ the spokesman said. 

Footage from the scene shows a number of fire trucks blocking the cordoned off road as shocked residents watched on. 

Bargo Rural Fire Service posted on Facebook that Avon Dam Road is currently closed due to a house fire and to use Lupton Road instead.

The latest tragedy to rock the town 100 kilometres south-west of Sydney comes seven months after 50 homes were lost in the devastating bushfires last December. 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.