News, Culture & Society

TV presenter Emma Alberici rushed into surgery after getting her fingers stuck in a stick blender

TV presenter Emma Alberici is left with horrific injuries after getting her fingers stuck in a blender while trying to wash it

  • News presenter rushed to hospital on Sunday after slicing fingers on blender
  • Accident happened as blender was still plugged in when trying to wash it
  • Her fingers were saved by surgeons at Sydney’s Prince of Wales Hospital

Australian news presenter Emma Alberici was rushed to hospital after getting her fingers stuck in a blender while trying to cleaning it

Television presenter Emma Alberici was rushed to hospital after getting her fingers stuck in a stick blender while attempting to cleaning it while it was still plugged in.

The ABC journalist underwent surgery at Sydney’s Prince of Wales Hospital on Sunday after the kitchen mishap. 

Following her operation, Ms Alberici shared on Twitter that she had definitely learned her lesson about unplugging appliances before attempting to clean them.

‘Advice: Don’t put fingers in stick blender blade to wash it while it’s still plugged in to the power,’ Ms Alberici tweeted.

‘Fingers survived thanks to the incredible work of surgeon & team at Prince of Wales Hospital. 

‘Forever grateful we live in a country so blessed with world class medical treatment.’  

The ABC journalist underwent surgery at Sydney’s Prince of Wales Hospital on Sunday following the kitchen mishap

The ABC journalist underwent surgery at Sydney’s Prince of Wales Hospital on Sunday following the kitchen mishap

She also posted pictures showing off her bandaged hand and an image of the stick blender.

Social media users flooded her page wishing her a speedy recovery. 

‘Solid advice. Sounds horrendous… get well soon,’ one person said.

‘Ouuccchhh!!! Here’s hoping for a super swift recovery. Glad you’re doing well,’ another person said.

And while most social media users sent messages wishing her well, some were not as generous. ‘

‘That is something I would definitely have kept to myself,’ one person said.   

News presenter Emma Alberici has warned of the dangers of not unplugging kitchen appliances before attempting to clean them

News presenter Emma Alberici has warned of the dangers of not unplugging kitchen appliances before attempting to clean them 



Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.