News, Culture & Society

Tyson Fury starts training camp for his fight on December 3 – but he still doesn’t have an opponent!

Tyson Fury starts his training camp alongside brother Tommy for his next fight on December 3 – but STILL doesn’t have an opponent, with Anthony Joshua deal stalling and Mahmoud Charr ready to step in

  • Tyson Fury has shared a picture of himself back in boxing camp ahead of fight 
  • Fury has a fight date booked for December 3 – but has no opponent to face 
  • Anthony Joshua was scheduled before Gypsy King pulled plug on negotiations 
  • Fury could instead face German heavyweight Mahmoud Charr later this year
  • Tyson’s brother Tommy was also pictured, ahead of possible Jake Paul fight 

Tyson Fury has shared a picture of himself back in boxing training ahead of his December 3 fight, despite the fact he has no opponent in place.

The Gypsy King had been scheduled for a bout dubbed the ‘Battle of Britain’ with fellow English heavyweight Anthony Joshua, before calling an abrupt end to the contract negotiations last week.

He has since been tipped to face German boxer Mahmoud Charr, but with nothing confirmed as of yet, fans are eagerly awaiting an official fight announcement. 

Tyson Fury shared a snap of himself back in the gym ahead of his December 3 fight date

The Gypsy King (left) has not step foot in the ring since his April win over Dillian Whyte

The Gypsy King (left) has not step foot in the ring since his April win over Dillian Whyte 

On Monday morning, Fury posted on his Instagram: ‘Day 1 of camp!’ Accompanying the caption was a picture of himself, his team of trainers and brother Tommy standing inside the ring.

It was a clear indicator that the Gypsy King is preparing for his return to boxing in December, where he is now expected to face Charr. Meanwhile Tommy is expected to finally face-off with internet-personality-turned-boxer Jake Paul next year.

It comes as the latest twist in a strange series of events after Fury seemed in place to fight Anthony Joshua, before claiming his compatriot had ‘not signed’ the contract.

The Gypsy King said: ‘Well guys, it’s official: D-Day has come and gone. It’s gone past 5 o’clock [on] Monday, no contract has been signed. It’s officially over for Joshua. He is now out in the cold with the wolfpack. Forget about it.’

Fury was scheduled to fight fellow Brit Anthony Joshua, before pulling the plug on the deal

Fury was scheduled to fight fellow Brit Anthony Joshua, before pulling the plug on the deal 

Joshua was given a 48-hour window to return the fight contract - which he did not do

Joshua was given a 48-hour window to return the fight contract – which he did not do

However, Fury returned to social media to claim that Joshua had one final opportunity to sign the contract and gave the heavyweight a 48-hour window to do so. 

When that time-frame passed, Fury told fans the Battle of Britain clash was off for a second time in four days. He said AJ had ‘ducked’ the fight and referred to the 32-year-old as a ‘s***tbag’.

The Gypsy King subsequently called out Mahmoud Charr for a fight in December – claiming the German heavyweight is a ‘man who wants to fight’.  

Fury said: ‘Mahmoud Charr, it seems now that AJ is finally out, he’s ducked his way out and a s***tbag, coward, and you’re the man who wants to fight, so I like that.’

Fury will likely face-off with Mahmoud Charr, though there's been no official announcement

Fury will likely face-off with Mahmoud Charr, though there’s been no official announcement 

With the ‘Battle of Britain’ thrown in jeopardy, Anthony Joshua could now face fellow Brit Joe Joyce, after the latter issued a call-out via social media. 

Stating that while December 3 would be ‘tight for me’ for a match with Fury, he laid down the gauntlet for a dust-up with Joshua later in the month.  

Joyce wrote: ‘If Fury and AJ aren’t fighting then I’ll step in. December 3rd is tight for me @Tyson_Fury, but @EddieHearn you can give your new best mate @frankwarren_tv a call and I’ll take the 17th slot with AJ. Easy fight to make!’ 

He recently became the first boxer to stop Joseph Parker, when he knocked out the New Zealand fighter in Manchester last weekend.

***
Read more at DailyMail.co.uk