Urgent recall is issued for a potentially unsafe baby sleeper as consumers are warned to check their bassinets
- CNP Brands have placed an urgent recall on their infant Bedside Sleeper product
- Fault in product results in an uneven mattress, causing the child to roll around
- Customers are urged to check their bassinets and contact support if fault found
An urgent recall has been issued for a popular babies bassinet that was sold nation-wide for over a year.
CNP Brands placed the safety recall on the Childcare Snuggle Time Bedside Sleeper and are urging customers to check their bassinet immediately.
The recall was issued due to concerns the mattress may lean slightly left to right, causing the infant to roll around the sleeper.
CNP Brands’ Childcare Snuggle Time Bedside Sleeper has been urgently recalled following a fault causing the mattress to lean slightly left to right, causing the infant to roll around
How to check if you have a faulty unit
Consumers can use the below steps to determine if they are in possession of an impacted unit:
1. Ensure the Bedside Sleeper is on an even and level floor
2. Remove the mattress from the bedside sleeper
3. Remove the base board and mattress from the mattress cover
4. Place the base board back to the position inside the sleeper where the mattress would usually lie
5. Place a round object (e.g. a pen, a small ball) in the middle of the base board and observe whether it rolls freely to one side. Alternatively, use a spirit level if you have one
CNP Brands have stated that there has been no injuries yet, there’s concerns for any bassinets with the fault, especially if they have not been set up correctly or if the unit has been placed on an uneven surface.
The company has stressed that in order for the infant to be safe, the unit needs to remain level.
If the unit is found not to be level then customers are urged to contact the supplier.
The product was sold nation-wide through Baby Bunting from May 2017 until September 2018.
A replacement mattress can be requested, which can be placed over the existing mattress, ensuring the impacted units lay flat.
Consumers can contact the distributor by phoning 1800 656 743.
CNP Brands has stressed that in order for the infant to be safe, the unit needs to remain level. Anyone with a faulty unit can call the supplier for a replacement (stock image)