News, Culture & Society

US hostage Luke Denman is paraded on Venezuelan TV

US hostage Luke Denman is paraded on Venezuelan TV and ‘admits to plot to capture Nicolas Maduro’ as Nicholas Maduro claims the that he worked directly for Donald Trump for several years

  • Luke Denman, 34, was paraded on Venezuelan state TV on Wednesday
  • He was arrested Monday as part of a failed coup to overthrow President Nicolas Maduro  

A former U.S. special force soldier arrested in Venezuela was paraded on Venezuelan TV Wednesday as he ‘admitted to a plot to capture President Nicolas Maduro’. 

Luke Denman, 34, was arrested Monday alongside six Venezuelan mercenaries as part of the foiled coup.

The plan was coordinated by an ex-Green Beret named Jordan Goudreau, 43, who says the objective was to capture Maduro. Goudreau claims to have built a force of 300 men, reportedly backed by US billionaires.

President Maduro said Wednesday that Goudreau has worked directly for several years with Donald Trump and that he has provided security services, intelligence services in contract with the White House and the Department of State.   

Goudreau also provided Donald Trump with bodyguard and protection service for many occasions, Maduro added. 

Trump on Tuesday denied any U.S. government involvement in the plot.  

Luke Denman, 34, was arrested alongside six Venezuelan mercenaries as part of the foiled coup. He appeared on Venezuelan TV on Wednesday speaking about the coup

In the video broadcast to Venezuelan state TV, the American identifies himself as Alexander Denman from Austin, Texas. 

He said that he entered the U.S. Army in 2006 and served for five years. He claims to have met Goudreau first in Germany in 2009 or 2010.  

Goudreau has previously said that Denman served in Iraq and Afghanistan with him.

Denman adds that he was first approached by Goudreau about the plot in early December but was given very few details. 

He flew into Columbia on January 16 with Goudreau and Airan Berry, 41, who was also arrested Monday. The former soldier said in the video that the plan was to meet with Venezuelans and train them in Colombia. 

The Americans would then travel to Venezuela, he claimed, where they would work to secure Caracas and an airport.  

President Maduro called the arrested men ‘terrorist mercenaries’ and blamed the attacks on the Trump administration, Venezuela’s opposition leader Juan Guaidó and neighboring Colombia, all of which have denied involvement. The U.S. has backed Guaidó as the country’s leader.

This is a breaking story and will be updated. 

 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.