News, Culture & Society

Victims of ‘playboy predator’ Simon Monteiro fear he will attack more women

‘Women, to him, are prey’: Victims of rapist dubbed the ‘Playboy Predator’ revealed how he charmed them into trusting him – and fear he could attack again now he’s back on the streets

  • Simon Monteiro was sentenced to 12 years behind bars for raping a woman 
  • He was released from jail in February 2018 with strict parole conditions
  • Some of his victims are now speaking out because they fear he’ll strike again

The victims of a convicted rapist who earned a reputation as a ‘playboy predator’ due to his charming nature have spoken out about how he manipulated them.

Simon Monteiro was sentenced to 12 years behind bars with a non-parole period of seven years and nine months for raping, beating and threatening a woman inside a home in Bellevue Hill, Sydney, in 2008. 

The now 51-year-old also smeared dirt on the walls of her home, killed her fish and threatened he would ‘gut her dad like a fish’ if she reported him to the police, the Sydney Morning Herald previously reported. 

In a preview for Sunday Night, two women vow to tell all about how Monteiro used his outward charm to ‘hook them’ before turning abusive

He was released in February 2018 after almost 10 years served, with strict parole conditions including wearing an ankle monitor and completing drug and alcohol testing. 

In a preview for Sunday Night, two women vow to tell all about how Monteiro used his outward charm to ‘hook them’ before turning abusive.

‘Women to him are prey,’ one of the women said.

The women are sharing their stories in the hope that others will recognise Monteiro, now that he is free to roam the streets.

‘There is a whole generation of women out there now who don’t know his face.

The women are sharing their stories in the hope that others will recognise Monteiro, now that he is free to roam the streets

The women are sharing their stories in the hope that others will recognise Monteiro, now that he is free to roam the streets

Simon Monteiro was sentenced to 12 years behind bars with a non-parole period of seven years and nine months for raping, beating and threatening a woman inside a home in Bellevue Hill, Sydney, in 2008

Simon Monteiro was sentenced to 12 years behind bars with a non-parole period of seven years and nine months for raping, beating and threatening a woman inside a home in Bellevue Hill, Sydney, in 2008

‘He will find his next victim,’ the woman told Sunday Night host Angela Cox. 

The former model and aspiring actor once mingled with Hollywood A-listers including Mariah Carey.

After Monteiro was jailed in 2009, a further 11 women came forward alleging they were also victims. 

Sydney woman Kay Shubach claimed Monteiro almost strangled her to death before he was jailed.

She said she didn’t report the assault because she feared he would seek revenge and kill her. 

After Monteiro was jailed in 2009, a further 11 women came forward alleging they were also victims

After Monteiro was jailed in 2009, a further 11 women came forward alleging they were also victims

Another alleged victim, Kim Gentle, said she believed Monteiro would repeat his offending after he was released.

She cited the case of Adrian Bayley, who raped and killed Melbourne woman Jill Meagher while he was already on parole for rape.

‘His release into society not only puts me at risk again, but also many of his past victims,’ she wrote in a submission.

‘The offender is an extremely narcissistic, violent recidivist… with many antisocial mental health issues that are still variously diagnosed.’ 

Sunday Night airs on Network 7 at 8.30pm on Sunday. 



Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.