News, Culture & Society

Visas in Australia

If your decision is to move to Australia very soon, we recommend you to do some things before starting your adventure, the first thing you must do is to have a valid passport and secondly to obtain a visa so you can travel to Australia.

We at Visado Migration Services, are experts in migration processes, based in Colombia and Australia, with a staff of highly trained agents who have all the necessary information related to your visa process, whether it is Australian partner visas or Australian skilled visas.

Our agents will guide you and answer all your questions during the process of applying and obtaining your visa and do not wait any longer to invest in a visa and apply with us.

In this article, we will give you more detailed information about Australian skilled visas if you want to work in Australia and Australian partner visas if you want your partner to join you in this wonderful travel adventure.

Why do I need a visa to travel to Australia?

It is essential for anyone wishing to travel to Australia to have a visa to enter the country.

Another aspect to take into account is the purpose of travel in order to apply for the visa that best suits your needs and allows you to settle in Australia and do everything you want to do.

Also, other aspects to consider are the level of English, age, nationality, and many other determining factors in order to obtain the corresponding visa. The following are two of the most important visas in Australia.

Partner Visa in Australia

Australian partner visas allow citizens with permanent residency or Australian citizenship to sponsor their partners, including same-sex partners. This type of visa is available to people who are engaged, married or have been living together in a de facto relationship for more than one year.

Types of Australian partner visas

  • Partner Visa Onshore (820/801): On the one hand, the 820 visa is a temporary partner visa that allows you to stay in Australia, this visa is the first step to apply for the permanent 801 visa. The ideal is to apply for both visas at the same time and pay only one application fee. These applications are processed in two stages two years apart.
  • Partner Visa Offshore (309/100): But couples who are long-term engaged (those who have lived together for at least 3 years immediately prior to filing and have a child together) can file for the 100 permanent visa immediately.
  • Prospective Marriage Visa 300: The 300 visa allows a person to come to Australia to marry their partner and subsequently apply for a partner visa. This visa also applies to persons who are engaged to permanent residents, Australian citizens or a person eligible to become a New Zealand citizen.

Skilled visa in Australia

When people have the right qualifications and skills that Australia requires, they may choose to apply for the GSM or General Skilled Migration program. This is the broadest route to obtaining an Australian skilled visa.

The Australian government is seeking to provide an opportunity for those highly skilled and experienced technical and professional migrants and immigrants to address the shortage of skilled workers needed for Australia’s continued economic growth and development.

Additionally, the applicant must possess certain skills and meet certain requirements based on age, good command of the English language, experience, among other factors. If you are applicable for one of these Australian skilled visas, the application can be made from the country of residence and then while in Australia continue with the process, while the student visa or any other type of temporary visa is still in force.

Types of Australian skilled visas

Standalone Specialty Visa 189

The Postgraduate visa is temporary and allows students from other countries to access Australia and work and study at the same time. It is a perfect visa for students who, after acquiring knowledge, wish to obtain technical and professional experience in Australian territory.

This visa is also for applicants who have a profession that is on the list of (medium and long-term) occupations.

It also does not require state or family sponsorship and allows you and your dependents to live in Australia as permanent residents in any city in the country.

State Nominated Qualified Visa 190

This is an ideal visa for people with occupations that appear on the combined list of eligible occupations. The combined list uses occupations from both lists (short term – medium and long term).

This skilled migration visa requires sponsorship from an Australian territory or state.

Regional Specialized Work Visa 491

With this visa you will be eligible for a temporary residence for five years, it is one of the Australian skilled visas that can lead to permanent residence.

It requires sponsorship from the territory or state of Australia or some relatives. In order for you to apply your occupation must be in the list of occupations (medium and long term).

If you reside in a regional area of Australia and have an income of more than 54 thousand $AUD during the last 3 years, you may be eligible for a permanent resident visa.

Remember that, to facilitate this whole process of processing any visa, you can count on the support of our immigration agents so that your partner can be by your side as soon as possible and safely obtain the visa that best suits your needs.

Visado Migration Services will guide you through this arduous process so that you have a comprehensive knowledge of all the steps to follow.