Erectile Dysfunction or impotency is a serious disorder particularly when you are suffering from your inability to hold your erection firmly. This is a cause of concern among men and may lead to relationship issues and a disrupted sex life. It is always recommended to talk to your doctor if you are suffering from any such complication. Trust me, there’s nothing to feel embarassed of! Instead of freaking out at your girl friend or wife the whole day, get rid of the stress and get yourself calm.
How do you know that you might have ED?
- When you face trouble getting an erection
- When you have trouble to hold with an erection
- Reduced sexual desire
- Encountering sexual complications like delayed ejaculation
- Anorgasmia, a condition that denotes the inability to achieve orgasm even after repeated stimulation
Male sexual erection is not a one-liner. It involves proper functionality of the nerves, brain, muscles, blood vessels, and hormones in the provocation of the emotions. Stress and mental trouble are two important reasons to affect your erection.
Physical causes of erectile dysfunction
- Cardiovascular disorder
- Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
- High cholesterol
- Hypertension or High blood pressure
- Treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate
- Metabolic syndrome — a biological condition that involves increased blood pressure, high insulin levels, body fat around the waist and high cholesterol
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Any previous surgery or injury affecting the pelvic area or spinal cord
- Kidney disease
- Low testosterone levels
- Peyronie’s disease — development of scar tissue inside the penis
- Alcoholism and other forms of substance abuse
- Certain prescription medications
- Excessive tobacco usage
- Sleep disorders
- Hormonal imbalances
- Increased age
Psychological causes of erectile dysfunction
Psychology plays a vital role in shaping your sexual excitement. A person in proper health and spirit is more likely to feel these symptoms than a person who is mentally disturbed.
- Anxiety or other mental health conditions
- Relationship problems due to poor communication or other issues
Risk factors associated with Erectile Dysfunction
Age is certainly a factor and as you grow older, you will probably need more time and direct touch to your genital to hold an erection. Here are a few risk factors that are listed below:
- An unsatisfactory sex life
- Relationship complications
- Unable to get your partner pregnant
It is always a safer option to talk to the doctor when you are suffering from erectile dysfunction. Instead of waiting till things get worse, talk to a medical practitioner. Alongside, there are a lot of drugs available in the market, you may choose trying them out as well.
Since erectile dysfunction occurs in men only when they lack the ability to maintain a penile erection that is firm enough to go for a sexual intercourse. Such a situation occurs mainly due to a decreased blood flow to the penis. Kamagra is a drug that is often used to treat men with erectile dysfunction. It consists of an active ingredient called the ‘sildenafil citrate’. It relaxes the walls of the blood vessels and help them to have an increased blood flow to the penis. It is usually ideal to take the medicine only after your consultation with the doctor. Some of the common side effects include dizziness, headache, flushing, nausea and more.
Here is yet another alternative to Kamagra, Super p force which also contains sildenafil citrate and is the same in terms of functionality. It is one of the best drugs to help people with erectile dysfunction. It is a trusted brand and men using it have been satisfied with it. No wonder whichever drug you choose, it is usually recommended to go to the doctor and ask for a prescription to ensure safety. The dosage will depend on your past medical conditions and current age.
Last but not the least, Vidalista is one of the most common alternatives to Viagra. Erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation are two of the most common crisis leading to performance dilemma in men. It improves your flow of blood to the penis and thus, helps your penis to remain hardened for a prolonged period of time.
Each of these medicines are effective to treat erectile dysfunction. They usually take 30 minutes to start working on a male and continue to have its effect till 4 hours.
It is usually recommended to make healthy lifestyle choices to make sure that you are sexually active and there is no erectile dysfunction.
- Manage diabetes, heart disease or chronic health conditions if you are suffering from any!
- Go for regular check-ups.
- Conduct medical screening tests.
- Limited alcohol, smoking and intake of drugs.
- Go to the gym or do some free hand exercises to keep yourself active and energetic throughout the day.
- Manage your stress, depression and anxiety. If needed, consult with a psychiatrist.
How to overcome erectile dysfunction?
- If you are one of those suffering from ED, you should devote some time in doing yoga, kegel exercises or aerobic exercises. These will boost your libido and helo you remain energetic all the while.
- The diet you maintain and the foods you intake play a vital role in determining your erection. Add fresh vegetables, fruits and whole grain to your diet. Specific foods like watermelon and cocoa can actually do wonders! Try to restrict the intake of red meat, foods made of processed sugar and full fat dairy.
- Prostatic massage may help as well. It is a form of massage therapy that involves massaging the tissues in and out of the groin. It promotes blood flow to your penis.
- In severe cases, your doctor may ask you to go for a surgery. It can either be penile implant or prosthesis or vascular surgery. Prosthesis usually involves the implantation of a pump to enlarge your penis while in case of a malleable implant, the position of the penis needs an adjustment. Vascular surgery, however, focuses on repairing the blocked arteries.