Pre-Discharge Financial Management Course is Mandatory
Anyone living in any state across the United States who wants to file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy must take a pre-discharge financial management course, sometimes known as Debtor Education. There is a $25.00 fee for taking this course that can be waived under specific income percentages.
Bankruptcy discharge means that the court releases or discharges you from a debt liability for unsecured debts. You are no longer legally bound to pay these debts.
Your finances are a mess. You owe more than your income allows you to pay, and you are tired of the struggle with harassing creditor calls. You must take this course before your debts can be discharged. This course wants to make sure that you:
- You learn budget development and management
- You learn financial management
- You use your credit wisely after bankruptcy
- You do not get into the same financial dilemma again after bankruptcy
- You realize the necessity for hiring a Bankruptcy Attorney
Taking a required course in money and debt management to prepare for bankruptcy is one reason why people need the expertise of a bankruptcy attorney. Few know that this is a requirement. A seasoned bankruptcy attorney can help you avoid needless expenses when you represent yourself in a court of law due to mistakes you can easily make to understand the complicated and complex judicial system regarding bankruptcy laws. Making a few of these mistakes can deny you bankruptcy and, worse of all, lead to you committing fraud, such as in the following.
- You fail to match income with the proper documentation
- List unpaid child support
- Listing mortgage payments that you never paid
- Listing the correct household occupants
- Listing unallowable deductions
- Failure to take deductions you are entitled to
- Listing duplicate deductions.
- Filling out and filing all paperwork correctly by the dates stipulated
- File motions to eliminate liens
Before Filing Bankruptcy in Ohio, Do You Know the Following Know the Following Answers?
- Do you qualify for bankruptcy? If yes, are you eligible for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy?
- Do you know the difference between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13?
- Do you pass the required means test in Ohio? Was your average income for the past six months below the Ohio median for your size household?
- Did you know that you can only file for bankruptcy once every eight years?
- Is your property protected?
- What property is exempt from bankruptcy?
- Do you know that there are exemption laws that do not protect all of your property?
- There are different types of debts and different classes of creditors who may be able to seize your property?
- Representing yourself in a court of law can cost you more money than hiring a seasoned bankruptcy attorney due to making mistakes?
While every bankruptcy case is different, it is beneficial to consult with a seasoned attorney who knows how the judicial system works. We understand all about being in debt and having more debt than income to pay for the debt. You cannot live and enjoy life because creditors call you at all hours and even at your place of work. Some may be in emotional and physical distress due to their situation.
There are answers for you. Please allow us to evaluate your financial situation, devise a debt relief plan, and get to work for you. We can deal with your nagging creditors. Let us get you on a healthy financial path, so you can begin to enjoy life again.
Our seasoned bankruptcy attorney can educate you in the bankruptcy process and explain the differences of bankruptcy types by giving you the best legal advice available. It is this professional who helps protect your assets. This attorney, combined with your pre-discharge financial management course, gets you on a healthy financial path.
The thought may occur to you that you have no money, so how are you to pay for the services of a bankruptcy attorney? It would be best if you never let this become an obstacle to filing for bankruptcy because no attorney desires to see you slip further into debt. During our meeting, we can talk about our fees.
A Call to Action for A Healthier Financial Future
We are skilled, seasoned, and affordable attorneys whose goal is to see that hard-working citizens get out of debt every day. If there is no other way to accomplish this goal, our attorneys use their expertise to fight your financial freedom case through bankruptcy. We know that bad things happen to good people all the time. We know that you would not be in this economic mess if you had the proper tools and knowledge.
Once the court discharges your debts as though they no longer existed, you utilize what you were taught in the pre-discharge financial management course so that you never have to go through a money and debt crisis again. Take our advice and become a wiser money manager, so you never have to see us again for bankruptcy.
Know that your first call to us is free with no obligations. You risk nothing by giving us a call. We will let you know if we think you can file for bankruptcy successfully.