Woman, 29, who ‘played a role in kidnapping a man before he was beaten, stripped naked and tied to a tree’ goes on the run from police in New Hampshire
- The victim claims he was abducted at knife-point from a residence in Manchester, New Hampshire on Friday
- He was bundled into a vehicle where his cell phone and wallet were snatched
- The victim claims he was driven ‘several locations’ before they reach Derry
- He was then allegedly forced to strip and was tied to a tree by his wrists and feet
- He managed to free himself then alert police about the suspects who he knows
- Suspect Ronald Betances, 45, was arrested on Saturday
- His alleged accomplice Ariel Dupuis, 29, is on the run, according to authorities
Police in New Hampshire are on the hunt for a woman who they believe helped kidnap a man before he was assaulted and tied naked to a tree.
Ronald Betances, 45, was arrested on Saturday but his alleged accomplice Ariel Dupuis, 29, is on the run, according to authorities.
The victim claims he was abducted at knife-point from a residence in Manchester on Friday, then was bundled into a vehicle where his cell phone and wallet were snatched.
His kidnappers then drove to ‘several locations’, Manchester Police detective sergeant Chris Sanders said.
The victim claims he was abducted at knife-point from a residence in Manchester, New Hampshire on Friday. Ariel Dupuis (pictured) is a suspect and was on the run on Sunday
‘The victim was then forced to remove his clothing, had his wrists and feet bound, and (was) assaulted before being left tied to a tree,’ Sanders said.
‘The victim managed to free himself and then contacted the police.’
Sanders said the victim and the suspects are known to each other.
‘This was not a random act,’ Sanders added. ‘There is no threat to the public at this time.’
Dupuis has been the subject of a manhunt before. Cops looked for her for 24 hours in January 2016 after she was involved in a shooting.
Dupuis was in a hotel room at the Londonderry when a Boston man was shot. A second man was in the room at the time.
Suspect Ronald Betances (pictured), 45, was arrested on Saturday. He is believed to be partially responsible for tying the victim to a tree naked and assaulting him
In 2017 after a traffic stop in Windham by New Hampshire State Police, she was arrested on a possession charge.
She was also detained in Merrimack on numerous driving charges.
In December 2017 she was taken into custody by Rockingham County Sheriff’s Department on a judge’s order.
Her arrest was for possession of Tramodol and crack cocaine, and for falsifying physical evidence.
Last November she was detained for speeding in Windham.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Manchester Police Department at 603-668-8711.