Mother whose baby suffered second-degree burns when a McDonald’s staffer spilled coffee on the infant STILL hasn’t received an apology one year on
- A young child was burned when a hot coffee was accidentally poured on her
- The mother, Yvonne Pihach, is yet to get an apology and reimbursement for her daughter’s damaged clothes from the December 2018 incident
- The McDonald’s franchise owner said he is ‘looking forward to connecting’ and ensure the matter is ‘properly resolved’
- Pihach also wants McDonald’s to effectively train its employees on first aid
A McDonald’s hot coffee has left one woman from Canada steaming because her 11-month-old child got spilled with the boiling java and she never received an apology– a year after the incident.
The child was sent to the emergency room with burns and blisters to her ankles and feet.
It was December 2018, when an employee knocked over two cups of coffee while bringing a tray of food.
The mother, Yvonne Pihach, says her daughter still has burns on her feet.
‘I did go the front counter and asked the cashier for a cold cloth for her feet, she turned to the manager who was playing on her phone and the manager shook her head no.’
Pihach contacted McDonald’s and spoke with a regional manager and owner of the Saskatoon franchise two week after the incident.
A baby’s snowsuit that was doused with hot coffee by a McDonald’s worker in December 2018, and the woman is waiting for the reimbursement and an apology
The 11-month-old wears bandages on her feet from hot coffee spilled on her by a McDonald’s employee.
The McDonald’s at this Walmart in Saskatoon, Canada, where a mother’s baby suffered 2nd-degree burns from spilled hot coffee. The mother, Yvonne Pihach, says she’s been waiting nearly a year for an apology
She wants a formal apology and, as someone who is a veteran of the food service industry, employees to be properly trained on first aid.
‘Everything that I’ve been trained on in my career was not followed,’ she told the CBC. ”I really feel like they dropped the ball in terms of ensuring the safety of my daughter. She could have been significantly more injured than she was.’
The woman also inquired about getting compensation for the toddler’s soaked snowsuit.
‘I was on maternity leave, to be honest, I didn’t have the money at the time to go buy a new snowsuit, that was my diaper money,’ she told CTV News.
But as her daughter recovers, Pihach says the matter remains unresolved.
‘They got my money and they burned my daughter and it doesn’t really matter.’
However, Raj Baines, the franchise owner, her situation simply slipped through the cracks.
‘I’ve invited her to follow up with me, and I’m looking forward to connecting further so I can ensure this is properly resolved,’ Baines said in the statement.
Pihach is hoping to finally get closure with the owner.