‘There is absolutely no excuse’: Lionel Messi’s antics in winning a penalty for Argentina were WRONG… and penalty experts Senegal will be a difficult test for England in the last 16, Sportsmail’s writers tell WORLD CUP CONFIDENTIAL
- Lionel Messi’s gamesmanship has been questioned after he won a dodgy penalty
- After a light collision with Poland’s Wojciech Szczesny, Messi feigned an injury
- The referee was fooled and the spot-kick was awarded in their World Cup clash
- Elsewhere, Sportsmail’s experts discuss England’s tough last-16 test vs Senegal
- Columnist Chris Sutton spoke to Ian Ladyman on today’s World Cup Confidential
- Click here for the latest World Cup 2022 news, fixtures, live action and results
Lionel Messi’s actions have been questioned after the Argentina star rolled around feigning injury to win a penalty against Poland in their crucial World Cup clash on Wednesday night.
Also in today’s WORLD CUP CONFIDENTIAL:
- Sportsmail‘s Matt Barlow reckons England’s last-16 opponents – and penalty experts – Senegal will be their toughest opponent so far at the tournament.
- And Rob Draper questions whether Marcus Rashford’s two-goal performance against Wales was all it was cracked up to be.
WATCH THE FULL VIDEO HERE
Daily Mail writers Ian Ladyman, Matt Barlow and Rob Draper, as well as Sportsmail columnist Chris Sutton, were speaking as part of Sportsmail and MailPlus’s daily videocast ‘World Cup Confidential’.
It appears on MailOnline every morning of the tournament and can be found on our YouTube channel.
Lionel Messi’s antics in trying to win Argentina a penalty against Poland have been questioned
Sportsmail’s Matt Barlow also warned England about Senegal in World Cup Confidential