Young boy dies at Center Parcs in Longleat ‘after falling ill at the holiday park’s sub-tropical indoor pool’
- Boy was declared dead at the holiday park in Wiltshire on Saturday, August 17
- He had been playing in the water with three other children just before incident
- One eyewitness said everyone ‘was very upset and anxious about the pool area’
- Center Parcs afterwards said it was ‘deeply saddened’ by the death of the child
- Were you affected? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 615 2574
A young boy has died at Center Parcs after suddenly being ‘taken ill’ while playing at the holiday park’s sub-tropical indoor pool.
Familes having fun in the water watched in horror as staff rushed to the stricken boy, who had been playing with three other children at the park in Longleat, Wiltshire on Saturday, August 17.
Center Parcs said desperate attempts to resuscitate him were in vain and he failed to respond. The park added that it was ‘deeply saddened by the tragic news.’
Dozens of shocked families were splashing around in the pool ‘paradise’ when it happened, leaving them ‘upset and anxious’ during their break.
Familes having fun in the water watched in horror as staff rushed to the stricken boy, who had been playing with three other children (pictured, the sub-tropical paradise at Center Parcs in Longleat, Wiltshire)
One eye witness, who watched it unfold, said: ‘It was reported to us that sadly a child had passed away. There had been some very intense resuscitation attempts by staff.
‘I have been shocked and surprised that no acknowledgment or information was given by Center Parcs.
‘Everyone was very upset and anxious about the pool area. Center Parcs did not even acknowledge the event anywhere.’
The complex of self-catering villas, pools, shops, a boating lake and sports centre in Longleat Forest at Warminster is packed with thousands of families during the summer holidays.
In a statement, Center Parcs said: ‘We are deeply saddened by the tragic news that a young guest passed away after becoming unwell whilst at Longleat Forest.
‘Our thoughts are with the family at this difficult time. We are continuing to offer our support to the family and to our employees who provided immediate assistance.
‘In accordance with the family’s wishes for privacy at this difficult time, we will not be providing any further detail or comment.’
In a statement, Center Parcs said it was ‘deeply saddened’ by the death of the young boy on Saturday, August 17 (pictured, the sub-tropical paradise at Longleat in Wiltshire)
Center Parcs opened its Longleat Forest holiday village in 1997 and now operates five short break holiday villages in the UK and one in Ireland.
The company came to the UK in July 1987, when it opened its first village in Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, offering short break holidays on a year-round basis.
It offers short breaks in the forest, delivering a range of leisure facilities and more than 200 indoor and outdoor activities.
Villages are set within around 400 acres of natural woodland, with trees, streams and wildlife surrounding accommodation.
At the heart of each village is the Sub-Tropical Swimming Paradise, an extensive range of restaurants, cafés and retail outlets.
**Do you know the family or did you see what happened? Email email@example.com or call 0203 615 2574**